27/Wedding.

Josephine

"We now pronounce you Husband and Wife." the pastor says. "You may kiss the bride!" he says and the everyone claps, along with me in the middle of Hero and Mercy.

"Marriage is so dumb." Hero whispers in my ear. "Why do you think that?" I laugh.

"You have to commit to someone, then just fucking get hurt in the end. It's all so dumb." he says and I sigh. Hero feels like that because of his parents, they look so happy right now but it's all fake, I know that is exactly what makes him feel this way and be so angry.

We clap and then make our way out of the church and begin walking in the parking lot and Hero is walking next to me. It's now around five. "She looked so happy, your cousin who was getting married." I say nudging his shoulder and he places his hands in his pocket and bites the corner of his lip. "Sure she did, it will all go down hill soon enough." he says and I punch his arm. "Don't say that."

"What? It's true." he shrugs and I roll my eyes as we make our way to the car. We sit in our original seats and I'm between him and Mercy.

We all adjust and I look at my phone to a text from Jack, "You never texted me back, I said I missed you and boom nothing."

I feel Hero looking over my shoulder and I look at him and he's staring off at something in the car.

"Damn, you sent him that photo then dissed him." Mercy says to me and I look at her with wide eyes. Dammit, she just said exactly what I didn't need her to say. Hero and I just started..whatever the hell this is and she just blurted out I sent Jack that photo. Great, just great.

I run my hands through my curls and laugh looking at her, "I didn't mean to send it to him."

"You didn't?" she laughs smirking at me. "I was just taking a picture and it sent.." I sigh and she laughs.

"Okay Jo, a posed picture of you in the mirror with your dress on was a accident."

"Yep." I say and she laughs and goes onto her phone.

"We aren't together." I send back to Jack. I need to end this, because I'm doing whatever this is with Hero now, I don't want to ruin it because of Jack.

I nudge Hero and show him my phone, to let him know I'm trying to end this thing with Jack and he looks then looks away, not even acknowledging it.

Of course he just had to text me..right now.

The after reception was about 20 minutes away. We make it there and we all begin walking towards the venue. "This is going to be so much fun, we're going to get so much alcohol!" Mercy whispers in my ear grabbing my arm.

"Do you only care about alcohol all the time and not having a decent time?" Hero says from behind us and we turn around. "Do you only care about being a asshole all the time and not having a decent time?" Mercy puts her hands on her hips and looks at him and he coughs. "You didn't even want to fucking come this weekend and all you do is fucking drink so don't give me a hard time for wanting to have more than a decent time with my best friend and drink alcohol." she says and begins walking away and he looks at me and gulps and I walk away with her.

"Has he always been so angry?" I ask her, wanting to know everything I can about him. I want to learn so more about him and why he is always like this.

"I mean yeah, since he was like 10. He's a straight asshole, it's our parents fault and his fault."she says and I sigh. "Do you feel bad?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I feel bad for what happened, for him and I, it's both of us because everything with our family but I don't feel bad for how cold-hearted he is and the way he acts now and the stupid shit he's done. It's all his doing, he needs to fix his act or shits not going to go good for him at all." she says and we walk into the venue. "I'm worried, he's angry and hurt, I don't know who can or how to fix him." she adds and sighs.