23/How obvious do I have to make it?

Josephine

After a awkward 10 minute silence, "What do we need to talk about?" I say adjusting myself at the dining room table.

"This whole thing you have going on isn't doing you any good." she says. "What has Jack done to you?" she asks.

"Uh, nothing at all. He treats me so good-" I begin and she points at me and stops me, "That's where this isn't doing you any good. He treats you amazing and didn't do anything at all for you to fucking cheat on him with his best friend. This isn't you Jo, the old Josephine would never ever think of cheating." she says and I stiffen. I know she's right, she's absolutely right. I'm not going to admit it, ever. "I can't stay away from him."

"Yes you can, Jo." she says and I stiffen again leaning up. "Jo, he's not good for you!" she stands up and slams her phone on the table. "I can't help my feelings!" I yell as her mouth is wide open. "What? Are you saying you're inlove with him?!" she yells and I look at her with wide eyes and throw my hands out. "No!" I wipe my face. "I could never be in love with him!"

"You barely know him Jo, stay the fuck away from him." she says wiping her mouth with her hand. "I hate him and I want to stay away from him but..I can't." I say and she looks at me. "Tell me why!" she yells. "Tell me why the fuck you can't stay away from him." she licks her lips and sighs.

"I can't explain it!" I yell and she looks at me. "I'm so fucking ashamed of you. I told you I wasn't so okay with you cheating on Jack. I don't know what has gotten into you." she breaths.

I stand up, "Nothing! Nothing has changed I'm the same person!" I say. "Stop saying the old Jo would never do something like this because it's the same Jo." I say and she shakes her head. "You know Hero had fucked girls and made them get attached and he'd leave them. For his entertainment." she says and I shake my head. "Where did you hear that from?"

"Madison. Madison's cousin liked him sophomore year when him and her were both sophomores." she says and I nod, "Okay? That was sophomore year and he's now a senior?"

"And he told her that he loved her and she believed him and he let her look stupid around town saying he loved her and he was fucking about ten other girls. What makes you think he won't do the same stupid shit to you." she groans.

"Because I'm smart enough to not let him hurt me."

She laughs, "You were crying about him today Jo"

"I was having a bad day."

"No! Stop fucking making excuses. I want you to stop bringing him around and stop going around him." she says and I nod.

"Okay."

"What were you guys doing before I came back? Tell me you guys didn't do anything.." She says and I shake my head. "No. We did nothing." I gulp.

"You're fucking stupid if you let Jack go to be with Hero. Don't fucking do it." she says and turns away and begins walking upstairs.  I couldn't if I wanted to... I could never publicly date Hero.

She's staying in her old bedroom, she's staying for I don't even remember.. until sunday at least.

I then put on my shoes and opem the front door and slam it shut as I begin running to the only place I can think of going right now.

I run and I knock on the door and it opens. "Jo." Alex says and he looks at me. "Did you run here?" he asks.

"Yeah, yeah I did uh is Hero here?" I ask and he nods. "He just got back about 20 minutes ago. Why?" he asks and I push past him, "I need to see him." I say and he nods as he shuts the front door as I run upstairs and down the hall to his door. I bust in and he's sitting on the couch in the corner of his room with a white shirt on with sweatpants on playing on his phone and he jumps up. "Jo?" he says and he walks towards me and I walk towards him and just place my arms around his neck and just breakdown. I know he's more than likely confused, probably more than confused and so am I.