46/Ruin my life.

Josephine

"Where are you going to go?" Mercy asks as we are at her house now sunday night, it's seven and we just got back.

"Let me call my sister." I say.

The rest of saturday night was so awkward, I talked more with Mercy and her cousin and then today we went out for breakfast, saw christmas lights adults went to a winery and I was with Mercy the entire time. I didn't speak to
Hero once all day today.

"She is paying for the motel again, I'm just going to go there." I say and she nods and hugs me. "Want a ride?"she asks and I shake my head, "No thanks, going to meet my sister at the restaurant down the street." I say and hug her and leave.

I begin the fifteen minute walk to the frat house. I walk in and Alex is on the couch eating a big bag of chips, "How was your birthday?" he asks.

"Pretty good, thanks for asking." I laugh and push a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Everything okay between you guys?" he asks and I nod. "I guess, yeah." I sigh and he stands up and walk towards me.

I stand still, "I don't mean to be an asshole when I say this but Jo, I care about you, you're my friend and so is he. I care about both of you but I don't want you to keep going with something that is draining you. You're kind and caring you don't deserve to be treated the way he treats you." he says and I sigh, already knowing everything he said.

"I know Alex, I love him." I say and he lets out a breath. "And he loves you, you just aren't good for each other. Especially right now, I know it's none of my business but you got kicked out because of him. I don't know if it was for the worst or better but I assume you didn't want that to happen?" he questions. "No... not necessarily." I rock back and forth.

On one hand, it got me away from a toxic and bad household but it also took me away from my home. I live nowhere, I know I am staying here but I can't stay here forever or depend on Hero for somewhere to live. He wants to get a apartment and I don't know, will it actually happen?

"He's not here." he says walking back to the couch and sits back down. I nod and walk upstairs.

I change into sweatpants and a oversized long sleeve grey shirt. I pull my hair into a messy bun and sit on his bed and just wait.

I call Katherine and tell her about my weekend and she tells me to let her know when I hear back from that restaurant if I got the job or not.

About 10 minutes later, Hero walks in.

His eyes go wide as his bag is in his hand, "Jo, you can not just come to this house and roam by yourself." he says shutting his door. "I don't know how many times I've told you that." he adds.

I sit up on my knees, "I couldn't leave with you at your house, you know that right?" I ask, is he stupid?

He shakes his head, "It's late and their could of been a party going on." he says and throws his duffel bag on the floor. "You're damn lucky it was just Alex down there." he says.

"Okay, uhm what's your problem?" I ask.

"I don't have a problem?" he questions.

"I know we haven't talked all day and things have been awkward since last night but can we talk about it?" I ask.

"Talk about what? What is there to talk about?" he asks cleaning the stuff out of his bag, leaning on the floor.

"Well if there is nothing to talk about can you not be pissed off?" I ask.

"I'm not pissed off." he says. I laugh, "You aren't mad I'm here?" I ask. It seems like he's annoyed I'm here, I can leave but I don't know where the hell I'd go.