63/Waitress, please!

Josephine

It's thursday and I start my first day at my new job, I had a interview yesterday and I got hired on the spot.

The restaurant is 10 minutes away and it's a bar. I'm going to either be a waitress or a hostess, whatever they have open.

"I can't believe you really got a job." Hero says laying on our bed as it's four and my shift starts at 4:45.

We have to wear all black. I put on my all black jeans and a long sleeve black shirt and my small waist apron they gave me, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a waitress and I did it before in Georgia so I am not worried or stressed at all. "Hero, I told you I needed a job I can't just depend on you. You have work at five anyways so you won't be alone." I say.

"I don't care." he says.

"Hero." I say looking in the mirror tying the back on my waist apron. I then pull my hair into a high ponytail.

"Look we're getting our life together everything's going great! We just need to stay away from all those people who bring the problems in our life." I say and sit on the bed and begin tying my shoes.

"I know." he says.

After about fifteen minutes I tell him I have to go.

He stands up and I look up at him as his hands are around my waist. "Everything's going good, okay?" I say.

"Yeah yeah." he says and I place a kiss on his lips and he cuffs my ass and squeezes me.

He then lifts me up quickly around his waist. "Hero." I say and he kisses me against, more passionately and I look at him. "No, I need to get going." I laugh.

"No." he says and I get down.

"Love you!" I yell walking out the bedroom.

"Love you too." he yells and I walk out of the apartment.

"Hi Josephine, we met yesterday right? It's Gina." my manager says. "Can you waitress today?" she asks.

"Yeah sure, no problem." I smile.

The day goes on and I get two tables, just a mother and son then just a guy.

I go in the back to grab food then I gasp. "Dad?" I say.

"Josephine? What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I work here." I say shocked.

"I just started working here two months ago." he says. "I cook." he adds.

"I see that." I say.

"Okay, this is my job and you're not going to ruin it. Don't talk to me and don't interact with me. I need this job." I say and he looks at me with fake sympathy. "Jojo, you know I don't want to hurt you. I'm different now, I changed. I'm sorry." he says.

"Your apology is shit, hand me the salads and we both can go on with our day."

"Jo-" he begins.

"Dad. I have a table waiting."

"I don't want problems." he says and leans against the counter.

"You're my dad not my friend, what happened to being the pastor?" I question.

"I still am. This is part time." he says. "Your mother isn't working, she quit." he adds.

"Why? Why did she quit-" I begin then shake my head. "I don't have time for this." I say and grab the salads and walk out.

I had about 8 tables the entire night, it wasn't busy.

My shift was over around 8 and I work tuesdays and thursdays. Starting part time and I will work more, she told me to come in whenever on off days if I wanted too.