20/You're a selfish asshole.

Josephine

"Then he randomly was home when I woke up and drove us to church, not one word." I say shoving a fry into my mouth as I'm at the diner with Ethan after we just had church. All the adults are at a separate table a little down from ours.

"That's so weird. Do you have any idea where he goes?" Ethan asks as I was telling him about my dad and I shake my head and take sip of my strawberry milkshake. "I have no clue, I know he isn't going to the so-called meetings my mother said he goes to, because there is just no way. He was gone all week." I say and sigh and Ethan runs his hand through his blonde hair and leans back. "Are you going to ask or mention him being gone?" he questions.

I really should, he disappears for days on end and it's not normal, what so ever.

"Yea, when we get into the car." I sigh and then my mother comes over. "Ready guys?" she asks and we nod as they already payed.

"Text me?" Ethan says and I nod as he hugs me, "Will do." I smile and walk away to the car with my mother and father.

Getting into the car I adjust my loose white skirt and my light blue top as I buckle. My dad begins to drive away and it's silent. "Where have you been?" I blurt out and my mother turns to look at me, "Josephine." she warns.

"What? He disappears for days on end and I don't know if you have noticed mother, it's not normal." I say and cross my arms. I've never really spoke to my parents like this, my dad has really been doing this for a couple months and I've never had the courage to speak up or say something because I knew I'd get in trouble, more like I get in trouble for every sentence I say. "I told you." She says and my father coughs.

"I asked him mother, not you." I say and her jaw drops. "Excuse me?" she says.

"What? You aren't the one disappearing with no excuse, he is. So I asked him." I lean back.

"Meetings. Hasn't your mother told you, Josephine?" my father says as we pull onto our road. "I don't believe that for a second." I sigh as I get out of the car and go down the sidewalk to the front door and unlock it to and walk into the kitchen to Katherine standing there. "Kat!" I rush and hug her as she opens her arms. "Jo! I missed you! I'm staying till Friday." she smiles and I feel myself tearing up and laugh and she wipes my tears. "What's wrong!" she laughs and I shake my head.

"I really need you right now, you're the only person I wanna be with." I say and she hugs me tighter . "Oh Katherine, I didn't know you were coming today?" My mother says shutting the door behind her and my Father didn't even come in. What? Is he seriously going to leave again. Today, I am not avoiding this conversation and I'm going to figure it out. "You guys didn't see my car parked outside?" Kat questions and I shake my head.

My mother sets her purse down and I go to open the front door and she looks at me, "Where are you going?" she questions.

"To figure out where dad is going." I say going to open the door and she pushes her hand against the door. "You aren't leaving, he's going out with Ethan's dad." she says and I just sigh and sit at the kitchen island as Kat is leaning against the counter across from me as my mother goes through the living room to her bedroom. "He keep leaving again?" Kat questions taking a sip of her glass of water.

"Yeah, longest he's been gone." I shake my head. "I have so much to tell you." I say and she nods. "Let's go upstairs." she says and I nod as we rush upstairs.

We sit on the floor and I tell her everything.

Literally everything, from Jack and Hero, how Hero touched me, about the party and the frat house, pep rally, Mercy, everything.