50/ Make a choice.

Josephine

"Bold move!" Jess yells as Hero and I walk into schoolz Mercy is putting something in her locker then she turns around and drops her book. "Oh fucking hell." she leans back.

"Mercy." I say running over to her. "No, no. I don't wanna hear it!" she yells and I pin my lips my together. "Please." I say.

"You're supposed to be my best friend, not my brothers girlfriend!" she yells. "You lied." she says.

"I'm so so sorry." I say.

"Don't be pissed at her." Hero says coming up to us. I feel like everything's changing, I don't like it, at all.

"You have no right to be mad at her, she's grown she can do what she wants without having little Mercy dictating what she does." Hero says and Mercy pushes his chest. She keeps pushing and pushing him and I grab her. "Stop, please." I say.

"This isn't how we should handle this! We all should just calmly talk." I say and Mercy makes a disgusted look at me. "Talk? You shouldn't of done this and we wouldn't have to worry about having a so called calm talk." she says.

"i've Mercy.." I begin.

"I'm sorry, it's just.." I begin. I need to lie. "I wasn't there with Hero, he was drunk and I was there-" I begin before Hero pulls me back. "Stop! Don't lie." he says.

"Jo and I have been together. For a while, actually." he says and her jaw drops. "A while? How long is a while?" she asks.

"September." he says and her eyes go wide.

"Jesus christ! You guys are assholes!"

"You'd react exactly like this! I wanted to tell you but Jo didn't want to hurt you, she cares about you a lot and this wasn't meant to hurt you " he says.

"Mercy, I couldn't help it-" I begin before she grabs my arm and pulls me down the hall into the empty gym and slams the door shut. "How could you do this to me?" she asks. "This is so just.. Hero? Why Hero!?" she yells. "What about Jack? Fuck! Jack was right and you continued to lie and lie!" she yells. "It's like you think I'm a piece of shit! You think I'm stupid!" she yells and I bite my bottom lip. "No-" I begin and she cuts me off.

"Well, I guess I am pretty fucking stupid because I never believed anyone but you, when everyone was right the entire fucking time!" she yells and runs her hands through her hair and walks slowly back and forth. "I tried to stop it so many times, I can't, I couldn't." I say.

"It would be different if you didn't lie." she suS and I nod. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just I never wanted to hurt you, you're all I thought about." I say and she makes a disgusted face.

"I'm all you thought about when you were fucking my brother?!" she yells and my eyes go wide. What!?

"Fucking your brother?! No! Absolutely not! No!" I yell and rub my face. "We've never.. yeah we've never done that!" I yell.

"You made it sound like you did." she says. "I'm surprised he hasn't begged for your virginity yet." she adds.

"He hasn't." I say and she laughs.

"Sure he hasn't." she says.

"Don't be fucking stupid, because that's exactly how you are right now and I miss the old Jo. The one who wouldn't betray me." she comes up to my face and says then walks out of the gym.

I sit in the empty bleacher and just run my hands through my hair. God, I don't know if I'm happy we got it out or if I'm upset I got it out.

The bell rings and I'm still here. Thinking.