64/Dad's house.

Josephine

Friday

"You still haven't answered me, why are we going?" I ask as I'm putting on my all black jeans and he's zipping up his black ripped jeans.

"My dad asked and we're going, that's it." he spits.

"Hero-" I begin and stop myself from arguing.

"Okay." I say calmly.

I put on a long sleeve white top and he has a black t-shirt on. I curled my hair and put on some mascara and we're on our way.

It's five, we're having dinner at six. This is going to be awkward, so awkward.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Just want to get this shit show over with." he says turning into their driveway.

We get out and he walks in first.

"Hero." His father says.

"Bill." he says and I nod. "Hello."

"So you two are together I hear." he says as we walk in. "Yeah." Hero spits.

Bill laughs, "Mercy won't shut up about it, I guess she's hurt." he says.

I just don't say anything, "Is mom here?" Hero asks sitting down on the end of the couch and I sit with him.

"Your other family is here." Bill nods and Hero looks at his father. "I didn't ask that." he spits.

Two people come from the kitchen over to us.

"Hero!" a older lady says.

"Hello Kenny and Melissa." Hero says.

"Josephine, these are Hero's Aunt and Uncle. Kenny is my brother." Bill says.

I stand up.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Josephine Hero's girlfriend." I go to shake her hand and she hugs me.

Kenny just looks at me. "You're so beautiful. Way too beautiful for Hero." Melissa says.

I laugh, "Thank you."

Kenny just walks over to the kitchen and he doesn't say anything. "Ignore my husband, he's an asshole half of the time." she laughs.

"No worries." I say and Hero stands up next to me. "Her and I have to run upstairs real quick but we'll be right back-" Hero begins before she can even reply he's pulling my hand up the stairs.

We walk past Mercy's room and I hear music blasting. I look at her door and then Hero pulls me into his room.

"What?" I say as we come into his room.

"You seem nervous." he says and I sit on the end of his bed.

"A little." I say. I don't know what Mercy is going to do when she sees us, I wonder if his mom is here too.

"Why?" he asks.

"I don't know what Mercy told your parents they probably hate me Hero. Plus, your mom has been around my dad and who knows what my father has told your mom." I sigh. "I probably seem like a bad person to everyone."