28/I don't need you.

Josephine

I stretch and wake up to Mercy walking into our room with two glasses of water. "Morning sleepy head." she says and sits on my bed and I sit up.

"What time is it?" I ask and she points to the alarm clock on the nightstand between our bed. "It's twelve! Gosh I woke up late." I rub my forehead and she laughs. "Everyone's gone, except Hero. We will leave in a couple hours but my mom said we can do whatever we want since they will be gone."

"Oh cool." I say and take a sip of the water. "I'm never drinking again."

She laughs, "Yeah you say that now but we will be getting drunk again sooner than you know it, it was so much fun, you can't deny that." she pats my thigh and laugh.

Yeah so fun, but what wasn't so fun is I almost gave my virginity to Hero last night. He did try to stop me and I do respect him for that but I really wanted him to take it. I don't know what was going through my head when I was drunk yesterday but I remember what happened in his room perfectly. I appreciate him not doing it, he said he wouldn't ever take it. Just I feel so dumb that it had even happened and the fact that I kept trying and telling him I wanted to have sex with him.

I mean of course... I would maybe actually want to do it with him but honestly the thought scares me so much. I am obviously waiting till marriage. I don't know what I was thinking.

"So very fun." I smile and drink more of my water and she jumps off the bed. "I made us a bunch of chocolate chip pancakes, come on." she says and grabs my arm and I jump up. "My favorite."

We make our way downstairs and Hero is sitting on the living room couch just watching tv and sitting on his phone. We sit at the island at the kitchen and begin digging in to the pancakes.

"Wow these are so good." I say shoving my mouth with pancakes.

"I guess you were really drunk last night." Mercy smirks at me and laughs. "Why do you say that?" I ask and she nods her head to the outside window that you can directly see the backyard and see the bottle of whiskey, my glass with water which the ice melted and my heels.

"That explains your soaked dress in our room." she says and I choke on my pancakes.

"I don't even remember doing any of that." I laugh and I hear Hero laugh behind us and I turn around and he's now silent just smiling at his phone.

"Let me go grab that." I say and she laughs and I jump up and open the sliding glass door to the backyard and grab my heels, the glass and the bottle.

I come back and put the glass into the sink and then the bottle back on the counter and drop my heels next to my seat at the island.

"I'm sure that whiskey was disgusting warm and drinking it straight out of the bottle. That's some Hero shit." she laughs biting into her pancake and I laugh and awkwardly drink my water.

"It's so fucking cold out." Mercy says and I nod, "It was freezing when I went out to get my shoes."

"It's going to snow on the way home today." Hero says from the couch.

Mercy takes a bite of her pancake then licks her lips. "Imagine we get stuck here."

"Don't jinx it." I say and take a sip of my water.

"It won't happen, I'm going to go shower. Do you mind cleaning this stuff up?" she asks me getting up from her seat and I nod and she walks around the hallway to upstairs. I then begin and go to the other side of the island and grab our plates and glasses to place in the sink to begin washing them off. As I am opening the soap Hero plops in front of me and sits at the island and places his phone on the counter.