nine

"Play time is over

"Play time is over." I bounce the ball as me and Kyler watches the team condition. We just got back from Thanksgiving break and all of a sudden, these idiots don't know how to perform.

"When you walk through those gym doors, we want your minds clear and focused." I speak as we walk down the line of our fellow teammates.

"Leave all the bullshit at the door." Abel spoke from the sidelines.

"Keep your heads in the fucking game."Dominic placed his foot on Rocky's back." The form is shit, fix it."

Rocky struggled a little bit due to half of Dom's weight pressing on his back. Dom looked up with a satisfied grin on his face.

I chuckled as I shook my head and looked away.

Fucking asshole.

"This is our year, our season."Marcus kicked a rookie's leg signaling for him to get right."There will be no slacking, no off days, and no distractions. We are a winning team, so act like one."

"Alright."I look down at my watch."Get your stank asses to the locker rooms."

When the team clears out of the gym and towards the locker room, the boys start passing the ball back and fourth.

"So you walked in on what now?"Abel asked in disbelief, passing the ball to Dom.

"Those two macking on my damn kitchen counter like they don't have an ounce of home training." Dominic should be the last person talking about home training.

"Pot. kettle. black." I cough as the guys laugh.

"Up your ass, Addams."

"Guys!"Haze looked up from his phone from his spot on the bench. "Edwards got injured at UCLA's game last night."

Well ain't Karma a bitch.

"For real?" Kyler dropped the ball as we walked over to the bench. Haze showed us the article and playback.

It was a nasty fall resulting in a sprained wrist. With physical therapy and possibly surgery, he would be out for a while.

"Can't say I feel bad for the guy." Marcus shrugged wiping the sweat off his body with his shirt. "Me neither." We all agreed as we got up and walked towards the locker rooms.

"Maybe he'll learn how to shut his fucking mouth."

"I highly doubt that." I responded to Dominic's comment."That dude thinks that he has the balls the size of Texas."