thirty

Ayanna had run upstairs to change while I made my way to the living room

Ayanna had run upstairs to change while I made my way to the living room. Dominic craned his neck upon hearing my footsteps. "Where's Yaya?"

I slapped the back of his neck, causing him to wince and glare as I hopped over the couch, making myself comfortable in the empty seat next to him.

"She's getting dressed," I report as Kyler enters the living room. Jora was nowhere in sight as he plopped onto the opposite side of the sectional.

Kyler ran a frustrated hand down his face as he threw his head back, staring at the ceiling.
Skylar perked up out of King's hold, squinting her eyes at her twin.

" You're such a fucking asshole, Kyler."

Kyler snapped his head up, eyes blazing as he stared at his sister. Skylar was equally upset, if not more.  "What the fuck did I do?" He yelped, adjusting his position from slouching to sitting up.

Skylar scoffed as she pushed away from King completely. Scooting forward, she clapped her hands together as she studied her brother.

"What did you do wrong ?" She repeated, her tone slightly taunting.

She turned towards Elizabeth, Sade, and Rhegan, who just so happened to be the only three girls besides Sky in the room. Rhegan and Elizabeth shook their heads in disappointment at Kyler.

"If you have to ask then you don't deserve her at all," Sade mumbled coldly.

"Everything!" Skylar shot up, reaching her breaking point. "You've done everything wrong with her. You treat her like she's a disposable object that will come running at your beck and call. She's not one of these doe-eyed girls on campus that chase after you, Ky.  I don't like seeing you treat my best friend like this."

''And if you think that I'll sit idly by and let it happen then you are severely fucking mistaken.''

The guys and I exchanged glances as Skylar chewed him out. We came to a silent agreement amongst ourselves to speak to him about it as a group.

It was getting clear now that we couldn't just sit back and let this play out on its own.

Kyler seemed genuinely happy when his sole attention was on Jora. I didn't know why he acted like this. I didn't know what made him treat her like she was disposable.

Kyler wasn't a bad guy. It just seemed like he didn't know what he wanted at the moment and was stringing Jora along. I don't think that it was his intention; I think that he that he was just lost at the moment.

Maybe he wasn't ready to commit to one person.

But what he surely couldn't do was have his cake and eat it too.

"You are so fucking selfish." I tuned back in to see Kyler standing up, ready to make his exit out of this confrontation.

" I don't need you bitching at me right now, Sky." He pushed the balcony door open, leaving his sister irritated.