twenty-seven

''Carson

''Carson.'' I close the bedroom door behind us as he walks into his closet.

I follow behind him cautiously, not knowing how to approach him with this new mood.

Leaning against the door frame of the closet I bite at my thumbnail as he grabs a bag and throws clothes in there. He heads to my side which has a few outfits that I brought over a while ago. Carson continues his rushed motions of throwing stuff into the bag.

He yanked drawers open, not even bothering to close them when he was done.

I walked behind, closing the drawers that he left open. I carefully placed the clothes that were thrown all over the place back into the drawers.

When I was done, Carson motioned for me to follow him into the room. He grabbed my overnight bag which was filled with clothes to wear for today and other essentials.

'' Put on your shoes.'' His voice was gruff as he walked past me, making his way into the bathroom.

I pulled on my black uggs that sat in the corner and stood by the door.

When he emerged from the bathroom, he grabbed my hand, pulling me behind him as he walked quickly throughout the hallway.

''We'll be back.'' That was all he said before pulling me out of the door.

Once we were inside of his G- wagon, he put the truck in reverse and backed out of the driveway.

The car ride was silent.

The only sound being heard is the low hum of music playing and the sound of the heater.

''Carson.'' I grab his hand that is resting on my thigh. ''Do you want to talk about it?''A few beats of silence pass by, his jaw tenses at the mere mention of the situation.

I let out a sigh as I turn to look out the window.

It was obvious that he was the type to brood in silence when angry. I just hated that it included ignoring his girlfriend who only wanted to make things better. But I understood that he needed to process everything.

Pressing my head against the window, I closed my eyes for the rest of the car ride.

Only an hour later was I shaken awake.

I opened my eyes to see Carson standing next to me, one hand on my knee and the other caressing my cheek as my vision adjusted.

I stepped out of the car and into the cold atmosphere of a private parking garage filled with expensive cars.

''Where are we?'' I question. My voice was groggy after the nap I took.

Carson extended his hand to me. I grabbed it, latching on to it as he guided us towards the elevator.

Once we reached the elevator, he placed his thumb against the up button. A dinging noise is heard as the light turns blue. A few seconds later, the elevator does is opened to reveal the inside.