twenty-four

Oh shit!" I practically threw the box of macaroons off of my stomach when I noticed the time

"We have to get dressed!" Elizabeth took the words out of my mouth, sending us all in a flurry to get out of our sitting positions.

"Oh my god!" Sade covered her mouth as we all turned to see Skylar slipping on a piece of wrapping paper. On her way down she gripped onto Rhegan and we all watched as they fell to the ground.

"Ow, you clumsy bitch." Rhegan flicked Sky's head as we all went into a fit of laughter. Lizzie and I quickly ran over to them and helped them up.

Sky let out a hiss as she pressed her hand to her lower back. "I think that I broke something. You'd think this fat ass of mine would break my fall."

My gaze shot directly to Sade, giving her a warning glare to keep whatever cheeky remark she was about to say to herself.

Sade gave me an accusing gasp as she placed her hand over her heart as if she were truly offended.

"Woah." Marcus immediately rushed over to us and took Skylar into his arms." Baby, what did you do this time?"

The fact that he knew just how clumsy his girlfriend was showed that they were meant to be.

Any other boyfriend would've asked if they were okay, was anything hurt? But not Marcus, Marcus already knew that if Skylar was injured she somehow caused it upon herself.

And nine times out of ten, it was an accidental self inflicted injury.

"I'm fine, Marcus. Thanks for asking."

Kyler didn't even look fazed as his twin sister walked by with a slight limp and her hand pressed against her back. He simply shook his head, failing to hide his smirk behind his palm.

"Stop it." I poked his side as I walked past him.

That did nothing as he bit down on his knuckles and made a quick exit to his room. He didn't even make it inside of the threshold efore we all heard the loud booming sound of his laughter.

"I should've eaten him in the womb." Sky grunted out as she hopped on Marcus's back.

"I heard that," Kyler yelled.

"You were meant to, disappointment."

And that was my cue to get my ass in the room and get ready. I stripped out of my clothes as I walked throughout the room.

When I entered the bathroom I threw my hair into a secure ponytail before placing on my shower cap. Carson was already in the shower by the time I got in.

The water was nice and hot.

His arms rested above his head as he let the water flow down his back. I ran my hand over his tattooed back muscles, the water wetting my skin as he turned.