thirty-two

" Kiss her boot

" Kiss her boot."

The entire bar silently waited to see what he would do.

The guys watched in amusement as Dominic arched a thick brow, motioning with his eyes to get on his knees and follow through with his request.

" Look," Dominic huffed," It's either public humiliation or we could take this to the alley and you could get your ass beat. Your choice."

Rhegan looked fine with either suggestion.

I think she was just happy to see Dominic defending her because no other man but her father had taken up that role. She had only known one man's love and that was her fathers. I hoped that Rhegan was pushing the idea that she didn't deserve to be loved out of her mind.

It was her mother's abandonment that made her think that way.

If the person who was supposed to love and care for her unconditionally just up and left her at a young age, then anyone could do it as well.

" Outside it is." Dominic went to pull on the collar of the guy's shirt. Before he could reach him, the guy made the wise decision to drop to his a press a kiss to the tip of Rhegan's boot.

Up until the last second, Rhegan took a step back causing the guy to miss her boots and kiss the ground she walked on instead.

" I'm sorry." Rhegan smirked as the guy's lips connected to the ground. " This prissy bitch would rather your disgusting mouth not touch some very expensive boots. Kissing the dirty ground is a much better fit for you."

" Think twice before you decide to call a lady out of her name again." Her tone was honey laced with poison as he quickly nodded his head.

" What a fucking pussy!" Someone in the crowd yelled as the guy stumbled to his feet and made his abrupt exit out of the bar. A group of guys left a few minutes after him with their heads down.

" Some friends they are." Sade snorted as she averted her eyes and placed her straw in between her teeth, sipping on her Cosmopolitan.

" Look at who their friend was," Skylar chimed in. "I would be embarrassed too." Marcus appeared behind her, wrapping his hands around her waist as he dug his head into the crook of her neck.

She let out a squeal as her feet left the floor from him lifting her. " Hey!" He pressed a kiss to her cheek once he sat her firmly on the ground.

"What are you guys doing here?" Skylar turned around to face him. She stood on her toes to press a swift kiss to his lips in greeting. Marcus held the back of her neck with one hand, pressing a longer kiss onto her lips.

" We came here to cheer up Kyler's moody ass but obviously that backfired." He winced as he glanced towards a sulking Kyler who sat in the corner nursing his drink.

Jora, on the other hand, stood behind the bar as she mixed together one of her specialties. She looked happy at this moment, and a part of me knew that she was happy to see him, even if they both ended up in tears last night.