bonus chapter 2+

Ayanna

Ayanna

Thanksgiving had just come to an end.

I had a lot to be thankful for this year. I was engaged to a wonderful man. I was having a healthy and stress free pregnancy. The boys were having a great season so far.

" Did you decide on whether you wanted to make an offer on the house yet?" Carson came into the room carrying snacks.

All of them for me of course.

" I don't know if I want to live in a house where the real estate agent gave my fiancé fuck me eyes in front of me,  a woman who is obviously pregnant and wearing a ring that she will never have if she keeps on trying to steal taken men. In other words, that's bad juju." I ranted, pressing play on the christmas movie of my choice.

Carson chuckled as he began to walk towards the closet. " I'm surprised that she made it out of the house with her eyeballs in her sockets."

And she had one person to thank for that– the little baby in my stomach.

I was six months pregnant and enjoying every bit of it.

My bump was so tiny up until the five month mark, that it made it easy to hide my pregnancy from Carson's delusional ass fanbase. I only wanted love and positivity surrounding this little baby.

" I did her one better," I smirked. " She left without a job."

I knew what I signed up for when getting into a relationship with Carson. He was one of the best players in the Pac 12 conference with a promising future in the NBA. I was aware of the jersey and clout chasers, the delusional fans who were unaware of privacy, and the girls who had zero self respect for themselves or respect for relationships.

I can handle that because I had trust in my relationship.

Carson was obsessed with me from the moment that we laid eyes on each other. Maybe obsessed with an understatement– I consumed his every thought.

Having a man like him, I didn't have to be insecure in our relationship. Even if he had multiple women throwing themselves at him left and right. It came with the territory.

We either learn to adjust. Or we learn to let it fester, consume us, and ruin something good in the end.

" How am I not surprised," he emerges from the closet in only a pair of flannel pajama pants. His torso that he slowly started to fill with tattoos was on full display, taunting me with every step he took towards our bed.

Rolling my eyes, I shoved my spoon full of ice cream into my month.

The bed creaked under Carson's weight as he got into it, rolling over to my side of the bed. In the process, the plastic of the potato chip bags and sour gummies crumbled under his weight."Carson! You're crushing my snacks!" I cried out, pushing him over as best as I can.