thirty-six

I wasn't even fucking surprised

But I would worry about Edwards after I was done with this one.

" Carson let me ex-"

But he doesn't let me. He's focused so much on that damn picture that he wasn't listening to me or thinking straight at this moment.

"Are you fucking stupid?" I flinch at his question as he stares me down. " Is that why you've been so off lately? Have you been off seeing him while smiling in my fucking face ?"

I felt so hurt that he would even believe that I would willingly be sitting down at a dinner with Edwards.

" I have not been seeing him!" I spit as I grab my things off of his bed. "If you would just le—"

"Then why the fuck would you do that, Ayanna?" He shouts angrily as he points to the now black screen. "What the fuck was going through your damn head."

I was getting angry now.

He wasn't letting me talk and he damn sure wasn't about to raise his voice at me without knowing the reason behind the photo.

" I did it for you!" I shouted, shutting him up. " I did it for you and your fucking career! Do you think that I would willingly go have dinner with him just for the shits and giggles of it, Carson?"

He clenched his jaw as I waited for my answer.

When he takes a little bit too long to answer, I feel like my heart is about to crack open in two.

" I have done nothing but love and support you, Carson. So if you open your fucking mouth to say yes, I will leave your ass. Because I have done nothing but be loyal and honest to you." My voice waivers as he shakes his head, advancing for me.

" No. Don't touch me right now," I say as I take a step back. Carson drops his arms to the side as he stands still in front of me. One look in his eyes tells me that he is just as hurt as I feel right now.

" He had a video of you two fighting in that damn parking lot. That's why I had met up with him..."

"To save your fucking ass."

Carson let out a frustrated sigh as he turned around. He picked up the first thing he could get his hands on and threw it at the wall. The object shattered into pieces as I took a step back.

" Carson!" I shouted.

" What Ayanna!" He shouted, causing me to take another step back. As he watched my actions, his features softened and a look of regret washed over him.

" Fuck. I am so sorry." He apologized as he made his way across the room. His hands were shaky as he reached for me, pulling me closer to him.

" Fuck, I am so sorry, Ayanna," he whispered, placing his forehead against mine."I didn't mean to scare you."