twenty-eight

'' It's game day bitches!'' Sade yelled from the kitchen as I ran towards our door

Today was an away game against UCLA.

We had continued our winning streak since coming back from break, winning two games in a row so far. Although one game we had missed out on because of a wedding we'd attended in New York, luckily it was an away game.

This would also be the first time that I would be seeing Carson this week. He had been busy preparing for one of the biggest games of the season, and I had been drowning in my studies. We communicated through phone calls and face time, he always made sure to call me in the mornings and before I went to sleep.

If I had any doubts about our relationship, they would've gone down the drain whenever he sent me messages throughout the day to check if I was eating, and making time for breaks.

It was nice having a relationship where I was valued and not treated like shit.

'' Hey, Audrey!'' I greeted our new friend, tackling her into a hug before she could even enter the house. Audrey had quickly been taken under our wing after Haze's birthday trip.

We had all taken the trip to New York together, she had started to hang out with us at our spots on campus- we loved Audrey. She was like our little sister who we had quickly grown to become overprotective of.

She was one of the sweetest human beings ever.

'' Hello,'' she smiles broadly as we let go. I grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen where pre-gaming started. We had just enough time for a round of drinks before leaving.

''Audrey!'' The girls cheered as they rushed towards us. Once we all calmed down, we retreated to the Island where the drinks were being made. Skylar slides Audrey a cherry coke before handing out everyone else's shots.

'' Okay girls,'' Elizabeth holds up her shot glass.'' Big game today, it'll be Audrey's first time sitting on the winning team's side.'' She threw a slight dig towards UCLA, and for good reason. They were our biggest competitor in all aspects.

''Let's hope for a win for our boys. Cheers!'' We all raised our glasses, clinking them together before throwing the liquid down our throats.

A small burp escaped from Audrey as she quickly covered her mouth, '' Excuse me.''
A slight hue of red formed on her cheeks as her hand stayed covering her mouth.'' She's so adorable, I'm so happy that we get to keep her.'' Jora grabbed Audrey's head, placing a kiss on her cheeks as we laughed.

Jora laid her head onto Audrey's shoulder, batting her lashes slowly, deepening the hue on Audrey's cheeks.

And that was how Jora landed her prey- it was all in the eyes.