twenty

Carson Addams

Carson Addams

"This is my girlfriend, Ayanna."

My hand drifts to the small of her back and push her forward a little bit. I knew that she was nervous about meeting them since she would be introduced as my girlfriend.

When she meet my parents we were only friends with benefits, and that was barely in affect. She never felt that nervousness due to how easy it was in the beginning.

But with my grandparents—it was a whole different story.

Her nerves were high the entire ride from the city to the bronx. I tried to help soothe them and that helped, but barely.

"Hey." She squeaked out as she approached them."I'm Ayanna-" She paused." But you already knew that because he already told you and—"

Dominic looked at her with wide eyes as we watched her spiral. She looked so cute.

"Ayanna," My nana placed her hands on Ayanna shoulders." Breathe garota."

(Girl.)

My nana smiled at Ayanna's nervousness. Ayanna took in a deep breath as her cheeks turned a slight red shade. She let out a nervous chuckle as a strand of her fell into her eyes.

"Ela é tão adorável.  Eu me pergunto por que ela está namorando você." I winced at my grandmothers words.

"Ai, vovó. Isso doeu meu coração."  She placed her palms on Ayanna's cheeks and lifted her head .

(She's so adorable. I wonder why she's dating you?, Ouch, Grandma. That hurt my heart.)

"Ayanna," My grandmother repeated as Ayanna stared up at her." Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Isn't she beautiful Ricardo?" She questions my grandfather as a smile forms on her face.

Now here's the thing about my nana, she could be fake at times, and it was very easy to tell when.

Now was not one of those times, the smile on her face was genuine as she complimented my girlfriend. My heart felt warm as I watched her remove her hands from Ayanna's face.

Ayanna stepped back towards me as my grandfather agreed,"A very beautiful girl for our Carson."

"Umm-" Dominic opened his mouth for some smart remark. Ayanna brought her foot down on his new crisp white air- forces.

He's statement turned into a gasp as he noticed the small smudge mark at the top of his shoes.

"You're a menace to society, Ayanna Heart. A menace I say."

Ayanna smiled innocently as she looked up at him."I have no idea what you're talking about Dominic, you probably scrapped it getting out of the truck."

"Sleep with one eye open, Heart."

"Is that a threat, Steele?" Ayanna crossed her arms as she stared up Dominic.