forty-nine

"You look beautiful mama

"You look beautiful mama." I step behind my mother as she runs her hands down the fabric of her white dress.

Her dress was perfect.

It was a simple white floor length gown with a long white shawl that could pass for a train.

She didn't want a big or extravagant wedding. She wanted it to be small and intimate with her closest friends and family.

Her hair was a slicked back low bun with a few curled pieces of hair framing her face. Her makeup was so natural that it was as if she was wearing little to none.

Her skin was glowly and had a natural red hue to her cheeks but not from the blush. She was so happy to be marrying the love of her life today.

My mother turns to face me and the girls with a broad smile on her face. " Do you think he'll like it?" She questioned, holding her hands at her sides.

Knowing Jax he'd probably pass out upon first look.

" He's going to love it!" Elizabeth gushed.

" He'd better cry." Sade simply said.

He definitely will. Jax was not afraid to show his emotions when it came to his loved ones.

" What a milf." Jora sighed dreamily.

My mom simply squinted her eyes at Jora, pointing her finger in Jora's direction. Jora held her hands up in self defense as if she just didn't hit on my mother.

" I'm just being honest." She shrugs her shoulders.

" Thank you for your honesty and the ego boost." Mom winks as she turns to face the mirror once more.

"Are you excited? Nervous?" I asked as I palmed her shoulders.

She inhaled deeply as she spun on her heels."I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest but it will be worth it when I see him at the end of the aisle."

I was happy for my mom.

I was happy for Jax.

They were both given a second chance at love that many don't get. They were both given a second chance to be happy and find their person all over again.

Sure they had different encounters with their past relationships but that didn't matter. They were both in love and would be solidifying that today.

They deserved each other.

Jax made my mom the happiest she'd ever been and for that I would forever love and appreciate him.

" Do you have your speech written?" Mom turned to me.

I waved my phone as I nodded." Written and memorized. And if not Elizabeth could always do it for me." I joked, peeking over my shoulder at Elizabeth who rolled her eyes.