Chapter 1

Note- this ain't no cliche she-fell-in love-with-her -best- friend- the-damn-end type of stories. It's not as cliche and cheesy as it may seem.

Hope you enjoy!

I bit my lip nervously as my parents called me downstairs. They were grinning on the sofa, and I didn't like this.. Something's up. For sure. "Mom? Dad?" I questioned, running a hand through my chestnut waves.

Mom smiled at me. Her green eyes shine under the bright lights. She smoothed the creases on the sofa, and began to speak. "Jenna, " she started off. "Remember Alex? Your best friend?" She paused. Tingles fell through my body.

Alex Sanders was my best friend. We did every single thing together. We went to beaches, gyms, school, everything. We talked about stuff and watched our fav Tom And Jerry movie, and pretended to be pirates on his sofa. We played Wii Sports, Golf, and we would slide down his dark sofas recline. We were unbreakable. Literally. We would do the most silliest things. I would force him to play dolls with me for 30 minutes, then we would play soccer for the other 30. Sleepovers happened twice a month. But the worst thing happened. Alex moved to California in grade 5.And I never saw him again.

At first we would email, text, everything. But sooner my grades and his got higher, so we didn't have much time to text or FaceTime. And as I matured, I created more friends too. But Alex is my best friend, like my brother, and he has a soft spot in my heart. "Yes, " i softly replied, looking at my nails. I wondered where this was going. It's summer break in one week anyways, and I had plans today with Amelia. I quickly text her that I'll be late.

"Well Alex's mom, Dina, called yesterday. She was pretty excited and I asked her why. Well she demanded, that we spend the summer with her! And I guess it has been a LONG time since us two families met. She's a really close friend of ours, so we decided yes. Our flight is on Thursday. So you'd better pack up soon, starting today actually." Mom grinned, and I swallowed the truth in. I was excited, nervous, and happy that Cali was the perfect place to spend summers! I needed to tan too, a bit. But I was nervous too. Amelia was also going away for the summer to visit her aunt in Australia. But the thing I was nervous about was, will Alex remember me?

I nodded. "So, do you like this plan?" Dad asked calmly, smiling, his brown eyes shining. I had his brown eyes and I had my aunts high cheekbones, while mom had dimples! Mom always joked that she was envious of my cheekbones. She said they caste shadows across my cheeks, and they make me look 'sexier'. While I wanted moms dimples! Mom and I weren't the same. She has the blondie and I have the Chestnut waves like dad. I stopped thinking of my family and focused on this situation. "Yes, Dad. Now.. I think I should cancel plans to the beach? And instead call Amelia over to our house so I can pack while hanging out. If that's okay.." I thought aloud.

"Of course! Now go go go!!" Mom pushed me off the sofa gently, and to the stairs. I climbed up, and opened the door to my room. I sighed. Let's do this. I played a playlist on my iPhone, and stared at my medium sized room. The white walls and light purple trimmings, the small closet, the queen bed, the brown dresser and my fuzzy carpet. Also my wheeled chair by the desk in the corner.

I texted Amelia.

Me: hey Ames, can't come to beach. my plc k? I'll explain later

Amelia: what! Aww ok fine ill be there in 5

I shut off messages and closed my apps, then stalked off to my closet. I threw out shorts, capris, and more. I moved to the music, and smiled. My kind of afternoons. I threw tees, and tanks, belts and flip flops.

I pulled out my red suitcase from my closet, and it's matching little hand carrying smaller suitcase. I called it a hand carry. I grabbed some perfumes I wasn't using just yet, and tightened their caps. Amelia was at my door in exactly 5 minutes. She grinned at me and at my messy room. "So, explain please. " she demanded. "Haha, my room looks worse since we are leaving early, in three days. "