Chapter 5

There was a swimming pool in front of the house, and the house loomed over the whole place.

Uncle opened the door with the key.
We motioned in.

I grasped the doorknob, looking around the whole house that was in front of me. Gorgeous, modern, beautiful. There were some pillars and a huge sofa to a side, along with a lcd tv and a huge open space leading to a washroom, then more huge open space and a hall leading to the kitchen. (Entrance place picture 1/6)

"Come on in, darling!" Dina ushered me, and I bit my lip before nodding. Alex and Carmen were already ahead of me, and rushing deeper into the house. Then, in a jerky movement, Alex moved back and gave me a usher towards him, and gave me a smile. "Hey. I'll give you a house tour."

"Thanks. So do you like this house better than your old house?" I asked, remembering the memories fresh. He laughed. "I can't even choose." He started, but then Carmen came right up to us, giving me a stare.

The parents sat on the sofas near the swirling stairs (picture 6/6)and Alex took me upstairs with Carmen right at his side. "Why not? Then tell me the benefits." I pressed on.

"Well, this one is way bigger, but with the other one I had more friends and my backyard, well it was attached to yours." He grinned. Carmen flushed a colour I couldn't understand. Jealous.

"That's a good thing, right?" I wanted her jealous. The looks she was giving me were clearly rude to a new stranger which you cannot have anything against. Except jealously.

"Of course. You were my best friend. And pretty much still are.. I think." He laughed it off, and we started up the stairs before I heard Carmen mutter something on the other side of Alex. "Okay, babe. " he took her off the stairs, and I followed with an awkward feeling. Carmen edged her way out, leaving me trailing behind her butt.

We reached the beautiful kitchen. It had a table, and a sofa along with a tv as well. Sunshine poured into the place, and I welcomed it.(picture 2/6) This, is the kitchen." Alex ushered while Carmen sipped some water, keeping herself close.

After she was done, we headed upstairs. The beautiful doors and huge hall leaded to dozens of doors. At the end of the hall, there was the parents room. "This is my room, " Alex took us deeper into the hall, and at the other end was a private door. "Nice." I comment.

"And, this, is your parents room." He showed me the guest room closer to the middle. "Where's mine?" I asked. He smile and motioned me deeper in, where I found myself face to face with a huge door, that was right diagonal from Alex's room.

"You can explore. I'll meet you later." He shrugged. I nodded, and Carmen pulled at Alex's arms. Sighing, I entered the room. It was glorious. (Picture 3/6)

The white curtains and white bedspread allowed an angelic glow. The orange pillows and cushions set in array where luxurious. There was a washroom right by it, and a closet. There was also a tv that was pretty big. I was so happy. Finally a tv. In my room. I flipped on the bed, and soon, a knock came at my door. "Excuse me, miss, but are you good? Miss Dina sent me to ask for you and, oh, here's your luggage." A female maid entered my room with my suitcase, and smiled at me.

"Great. I'm great, tell Dina that. No need to worry. I'm just going to rest, okay? I'll be awake by late afternoon, around one two hours later." I informed her and she left. I locked the door, threw off my heels, and my purse, and then let myself lie down on the beautiful bed. So comfy.

•••

"Jenna! Jenna?" I woke up to my mother voice. Wait.. Was my arrival in Cali all a dream? No way! Please. I fluttered my eyes open before feeling relieved. Same room. Just my mother calling me from my door.

"Yeah??" I groggily said, throwing the door open. I was instantly blushing. There standing, was Alex and my mom. And my whole shirt was wrinkled, my hair was all over the place, and my pants were almost like shorts. "Uh.." I trailed off.

"WAKEY WAKEY, Jenna." Alex laughed at my whole figure and I flushed red, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm coming in a second."

"Okay, hurry. Alex made plans to go to the beach." My mom informed me, and I nodded. Time to get that other stuff out of my suitcase. I closed the door and sighed. I got some spare clothes out of the suitcase.

I got a nice tie die shirt, with some capris that were loose. I pulled my polka dot bikini on and my loose clothes on top. Then, I tied up a loose braid on the side of my head and a small flower clip. It all looked fantastic, yet casual. I added some waterproof makeup, and left myself glamorized.

After that, I glanced at myself in the long mirror. Then, I rushed to the washroom to use it before I'd leave. It was a generous size. Some random shampoo and soap on the rim of the shower, a tub, a sink, marbled floors and a toilet to the side. I used to washroom, and then washed my hands with the lavender soap.

I rushed outside with my flowered beach purse on my shoulder, and knocked on Alex's door. He gave me a faint smile, opening the door, and had a fit shirt on with shorts and sunglasses. "Let's go?" He asked. I lingered at him. He used to be so small, and now he was almost towering over me. Tears rushed into my eyes. God, the memories.

"What happened?" He asked, shaking his hand in front of my face. I slightly smile at him. "Sorry, lost myself in memory lane." I lamely told him, and then we walk side by side down the stairs.

"Aw, don't worry. I've been there. Anyways, let's go. The beaches here a really nice. They got my mind off you and my other old friends when I came her in the beginning. " he says, opening the front door. I smile, exit, and we start towards his Porsche.

"That's cool. I really like your car." I commented as I stepped into the front seat beside the wheel seat. He sat down, and we buckled out seat belts before driving out of the area. Instead of driving the way the city came, he went the other direction.

"Thanks. Begged dad to get it for me. Oh, and, on weekdays after school, I'm a lifeguard. So I owned up some money I saved, even though the job doesn't pay that much. But I enjoy it. "

"That's awesome. " I smiled, and looked out the window. Beach, here we come. I already saw some people around the place, jogging, or in cars. Then, we reached a huge parking lot, some ice cream trucks, and far off, a park and a huge blue line from here. The beach.

"It's wonderful." I ranted, glancing some more.

"That's Cali for you." He confirmed.

•••
🌸🌸🌸

OMG THANK YOUUUU FOR THE VOTES!! Love you all so much! And like, two updates in less than two days?! Guys, don't I deserve a gift? Please leave a comment and vote! That's all I ask for! 💖️

-Xoxo Hamna