Chapter 17

I swipe my phone, as it indicates a call coming through. I wonder who it is as I press it to my ear gently. It could only be, Marla, Alice, Evelyn, or maybe one of the boys. "Hello?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's me."

"Um, who me?"

"Alice, you retard!" The sarcastic voice remarks. Instead of taking the insult to heart, I chuckle. You can get used to Alice.

"'Kay."

"That's all you're gonna say?"

"Yeah. What's up?" I shrug, even though I know she can't see me.

"Well, I was just texting Lynn and Mar about shopping tomorrow? You wanna come?" She suggests. "Like, I have to get a new bikini and all, plus a pair a shorts."

"Yeah! Im up for it." I let the smile form on my lips. These girls are actually so nice once you get to know them! It's hilarious how Alice is the comeback queen and always gets what she wants, while Lynn is just the gorgeous and nice girl, and to be honest, Marla is both of them mixed together. They're perfect best friends.

"Ok. I'll text you the location. No Alex allowed, lover!" She adds. I laugh real hard.

"You aren't any better. I see those lovely eyes you make at Noah, so shut it." I tease.

"Haha! In your damn dreams. I'm just good friends with him!" Alice remarks shortly. She doesn't actually like him; they're just real good friends.

"Sureee." I slur before ending the call.

I put my phone on charging as I see the battery percentage and run to the washroom to use it. After washing my hands with the lavender soap, I head over downstairs. My mom isn't down, neither is anyone. Just the Maids.

I run back up to Dina's room and find everyone there, as I expected. "Hi guys." I wave, specifically looking at Alex. He smiles at me, and it reaches his eyes. It's nice to know that something can make him smile fully, even if it's me.

"Come along, Jenna. Dina isn't feeling too well right now so we came around to her room." Dad ushers, making eye contact with me, and my worried expression probably takes over my face as I bend down and caress Dina's pale cheek. "You okay?" I ask her, feeling ever so dumb. She has cancer. How can she be okay? She makes the effort to nod slowly. I pick up the tv remote and switch the channel to cooking so she can actually watch, and order the maid to bring a glass of water, her pills, and some fruits.

"Let me give it to you." Alex picks up the Orange pill and gently puts it on his moms tongue, and then dina closes her mouth and I give her the water.

"Thank you guys." She croaks, and suddenly a pool of red blood pours out of her mouth as she gags. I widen my eyes as uncle gives her the bag, springing into action while I watch with horror.

"Dina? Can you breath?" Mom suddenly wonders, her eyes glassy. Dina shakes her head as she gags again, causing me to almost throw up.

She coughs, gags once more, and then starts slowly breathing. I back up and grab some tissues while Alec wipes her chin and mouth, giving her water followed by a slice of an apple.

"Yeah." She slowly speaks, and we're all afraid.

"Let me call-" uncle stands up, but Dina slightly shakes her head, surprising us.

"Why not?" I pipe in, my voice causing myself to wince.

"I don't need a doctor. " suddenly, she pukes into the bag and uncle grabs his phone, while mom and dad take care of Dina.