Chapter 33

My head throbs as I decide to go and get some groceries. I'd better do that, or else, tomorrow I'd be eating the kitchen counters for breakfast. Worse than ever. I start the car and reverse out of the driveway, thankful that the girls are in jet lag. Or else I'd be posed with a ton of questions and I can't do that at the moment.

I drive my way to the nearby NoFrills. I take out my black grocery fabric bags, clutching them to my chest as I exit the car. I enter the air conditioned grocery store, realizing I forgot to get a cart. I fight my way past the counters yet again, and get to the exit. Finally, I grab a cart. It has a folded white note in it. I check over my shoulders, and unfold.

My heart skids a beat as I read. 'Jenna, ' it starts.

'I'm watching you. don't do anything you'll regret. or bj wouldn't want to see. we're watching you. meet me in your backyard, 10 sharp. time to meet your master.' It read.

I start to stuff it in my bag, heading to the store again with my cart. Shivers pass down my body. They're watching. Every move I make. And will I really get to meet the man? The disgusting man who sends whores, man whores, to watch over me and check that I'm not happy with Alex? That's the case, it seems.

•••

At 9:45, I'm stressing out. I don't know what to do, whether I should do anything or tell anyone. No. Telling anyone is out. Won't happen.

I don't know what to wear! I mean, it should be the least of my worries but.. It matters a lot. this BJ man is real dangerous. Just then, I get a text on my phone.

  I click it.

Unknown : baby doll. don't you stress out. just be happy
-BJ

   I start to throw my phone across the room, as it lands on the carpet. I look around, at my closed curtains, my shut bathroom door, my shut bedroom door. No one could have seen me.. No. It's impossible!

  I walk to my bed and collapse. This is officially creeping me out. So much.

   Another text comes.

I pick up my phone.

Unknown: you should be happy... D:
-BJ

  I form a forced smile on my face. Whoever it is, they know what's going on in my life and what I'm doing! If I want to keep these guys happy and away from Alex, then.. I have to give them what they want. They want me. Me, me, me.

  I pick out a dark outfit. Cleavage show able, tight, short, and just what the men would like. I feel dirty, so dirty. But I need this. I need to act. I grab my phone, and my bag, starting to fill it up with toiletries, also cosmetics.

  My hand hovers over the pepper spray on my dresser. I clasp it tight. Just then, my phone rings and I see the text. Instantly I wish I wasn't alone.

Unknown: hey, hey, feisty pants. You won't be needing that tonight.
  -BJ

  I decide to shove my mouth close and rest my hands on my lap. I stare out my window. I see nothing. Okay, stop freaking out. This dude technically loves you or shit. You need to act like you're willing to love him back.

  I grab my bag and check the time. One minute till its 10. I shut off my lights, and check out my window. Amelia's lights in the kitchen are dimly on. Must be a meal. Gloomy, tired, meal.

I turn on my dim lamp and leave the rest of the lights off.

  I'm ready to roll.

     •••