Chapter 11

Everything, was never the same. I mean, I'm locked up in my room replaying 'Perfect' by Pink, while Alex is god knows where. Suddenly, I have the courage to speak up to him. He's a liar. A big liar. He uses girls, according to Alice and Marla, which I think is true. And Evelyn knows it's true. They're his squad, his friends. They know him. Better than I do these past few years.

This is what I was fearing. Will he ever be the same? And the answer is no, a downright no. He.. Has friends with benefits.. I mean, how disgusting is it that he's using girls while making promises on the outside? A downright b*tch. I think he's even faker than carmen. Shoving these thoughts aside, I Square my shoulders and exit my room in a hurry, and gaze at Alex's closed door.

I swing it open, and then close it behind me. I don't do those rapid knocks, like I used to do. I'm not eager to kiss him anymore. He's startled, and he jumps from his bed and strides up to me. "Woah, what's the hurry?" He asks. I shrug and narrow my eyes at him.

"What were you doing?" I dodge his question. "Er, well, not much actually, just on my phone." His cheeks turn pink and he waves his phone in his hand awkwardly. Before he can ask more, I press on.

"Texting?" I pretend to be smug and nice. He nods and his cheeks stay pink. "Your friend?"

"Yeah, why?" His defence kicks in. I smile smugly, and wave my hand dismissively.

"Oh, just making sure you aren't trapping anyone with cheesy promises." I sarcastically retort. He seems confused and taken aback. Evelyn's words replay in my head. 'It's for your safety.' Marla's and Alice's accusations against Alex swarm and make my mouth bitter.

"What do you mean?" He asks, stumbling on his words. He seems to understand a bit after my glare.

"Oh, just those innocent girls like me. Who were so stupid to be fooled into your little dirty arms."

"What shit are you talking about, Jenna?" He growls. Anger is filling him along with embarrassment. He's trying to hide it.

"You know, you aren't so good at acting."i remark. He takes in the insult and wipes his mouth, eyes into mine, electric blue in anger.

"What the f*ck?"

"You're the f^ck- ster, Mister Alex. You've gotten ten million girlfriends that you just sleep with. You've used them, Alex. And.. I'm next." I shake my head, tears threatening to spill.

" I can't believe I trusted you. I.. I kissed you, let you kiss me, and I didn't even know. I'm so blind. So blind in love." I add, and my eyes get blurry as Alex's face shows several emotions. Sadness. Guilt. Anger. Confusion. Regret. Grief.

"Jenna! What the hell? I'm not a friking player that I use girls like tissues, and throw them away!"

"Alex, you are! And I know you are!"

"who told you? What proof do you have?"

"I figured myself. I'm not a baby. I'm not a foolish girl anymore. I'm.. Aware of what you want from me. You just have a dirty mind, Alex Sanders. I never expected my best friend to turn against me like that. To use a bunch of girls like that. You're so fake, Alex. Maybe even faker than plastic boobs, aka Carmen." I sneer, an angry tear slipping down my cheek. He's shocked.

Then I turn on my heel and walk away.

Throwing myself on my bed, I make sure the doors locked and then start weeping. My life. My horrid life. When my love... Is actually a player. When my love doesn't truly love me back. All those nicknames, those stolen kisses, and a few days later, I find out the truth about boys. Well this particular specie. I laugh darkly to myself.