Chapter 6

yep, zac efron is alex for now

I smiled and left the car with Alex trailing right behind me. We saw families, couples, and much more. We trailed through and more closer to the sand. The yellow sand and my flip flops made friction to my ears. The water was so clear blue and a bunch of life guards sat on huge chairs, close to the water but a distance away to give people privacy.

He set down a light blanket and an umbrella a safe distance from the water, but farther from the people. The sound of waves and faint laughter echoed through my ears. Just then, a blonde man slapped Alex on the back. "Hey! What's going on?" Alex grinned and nodded.

"I'm great, but you f^cking tell me where you've been these past few days, Ben." Ben threw his head back and laughed hard. Then, his dark and dangerous eyes landed on me.

"Whose this?" He nodded towards me. I looked away, and Alex smiles warmly at Ben. "Damn, boy, ya got another gal already? Damn." He wiggled his eyebrows, while I couldn't fight the blush forming on my cheeks. Alex shook his head furiously.

"She's just My friend, idiot! She came from Canada." Alex laughed hard, looked at me, and then laughed again. Not a teasing or rude laugh. Just a calm and friendly one. Ben shook his head and chuckled. "This, is Jenna. And Jenna, this is Ben." Alex introduced.

"Oh, cool. What's goin on? " he inches closer to me, and I smiled. They both sat cross legged in front of me, chatting. "Not much, just came yesterday." I squeaked. I'm not so good with shirtless lifeguards. He gave me a teasing look and nodded.

"Oh. Yo, Alex buddy, I'd better get back to my shift. See you, Jenna." He waved and left us alone. "He's my close friend, we work together." He explained, jerking his hair out of his eyes. "That's cool." I agreed.

"Anyways, you wanna swim?" He wiggled his eyebrows, which for some reason, made me laugh harder than when Ben did. "Why are you laughing so hard?" He asked.

"Oh my god, you look hilarious." I gazed out at the horizon, biting my lip and looking back to Alex, more serious now. "Alex.. It reminds me of our childhood. I know we're super awkward right now, but before we used to be the best of friends. Everything you do anything, a memory passes through my mind.

I hope that isn't too cheesy for you, Alex. I'm just saying. " I explained. He didn't laugh or even smile. He just nodded, full in thought.

"I agree with you. That happens to me too. And I thought I was the only one."
He whispered. Somehow, the earth seemed to disappear. Only the moment was alive. He leaned in. "Whenever you laugh or talk, it reminds me of your figure as a tiny kid. Your long braid, or pigtails, your shiny and naughty eyes. It all passes through." He shook his head, taking his head a bit farther away.

"I know.. Same here." Is all I said, gently. I was afraid I would break this moment. This so sure moment. It was all what I was waiting for. Not as lovers, not as a couple. No. Just as.. The friends we were. "Do you know what we are, Jenna?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"We're close friends. Toddlers.. Until teenagers we meet again." He wondered, and this remark made my eyes glow and soul travel high. "You're right, Alex. That we are." And then the moment broke. Because there, standing, was Carmen.

In her red bikini. Trust me, it's way exposed than anyone else. She bent down, and tapped Alex. He turned. She leaned in and brushed their noses together.

"Babe, never knew I'd find you here." She murmured. Alex was so hypnotized; he fluttered his eyes close and nodded. "Yeah."

"Let's go. I need to talk to you. Alone." She brang him up, and wrapped herself into his torso. Tried to make me jealous. I sighed, and didn't know what to do. I was burning inside. She took my f*cking friend away from me! Calm your-

I stopped myself. Was I.. Jealous? I couldn't be. No, no, no. This can't even be happening. I grabbed my bag and stood up, brushing myself off. They were far away now, and even if they did see me walking away, I didn't care. I was confused and angry right now. I stomped on the pathway we came from, their house was only a five minute drive away and maybe a ten minute walk. I was blinded by anger as I kicked the rock in my way. I started to see houses and then I saw the grand one, Alex's.

My hand lingered on the doorbell. As much as I was angry at Alex and Carmen, I wasn't willing to tell anyone yet. I knocked loudly, hoping the maid would hear. Just then, the door swung open and the maid was there. Sighing in relief, I pushed past her and stomped up the stairs.

I threw myself on the bed after locking the door, and sighed. I wish Ames was here. She'd help me. But she wasn't. I take out my phone, spam her with messages and calls, but she's unavailable. I start crying into the pillow case. What the hell is happening? Why am I even jealous? And why is Carmen so rude to me?

Wiping my tears away after a long time, I brushed myself off and decided to just change my clothes since I was hot from that walk. I changed into a tank top and mini shorts, and left my unruly hair like that. I was super exposed; and I cuddled in bed. Turning the tv on, I flipped through the channels.

As I did, a loud knock came at my door. Sighing, I ignored it. That rapid knock could only belong to mom, since Alex was busy with Carmen, dad was out with uncle, and mom and Dina were home. Dina was super nice and never knocked like that. Instead she always called a maid to check up on me.

I sighed as the next knock came. Not going to open it. Then, another rapid knock came. I groaned loudly and threw the remote across the room, hopping out of bed. I threw the door open, only to reveal Alex. He was staring at me. I was never that exposed in front of him. Shorts, yeah, but they would be a way lower. Tank top that's super tight? No.

He thrusted into the room, closed the door, and his deep blue green eyes gazes into mine. My heart beat faster every second. He cornered me, and I tried to get away but his buff figure slammed into me. He was so close, I could feel his heavy breaths against my face. My heart ran marathons as he spoke up.

"Jenna.. " he started, getting gentle. His hands reached to me, but I shook my head. He stopped trying to touch me and just stayed the way he was. "I'm sorry. I really am. You shouldn't have just ran away like that! Do you even know that I would never forgive myself if something happened to you? Do you even know?" He whispered.

I grit my teeth. "Yeah, I do f*cking know! You'd go to that slut Carmen! You don't even need me. And stop trying to care, Alex. You just went off with her, leaving me alone. What else was I supposed to do? Do you treat your guests and childhood best friends like that?!"

He was so angry and freaked out. "Jenna, I told you I'm sorry. I am. And I care for you more than you think." He said in an embarrassed way.

"Oh yeah, then who really am I to you?" I spat. He came closer, making my heart beat faster.

•••

So intense! Hope you like it! Please comment vote and share! Love you all💘

-xoxo Hamna