Chapter 7

He pressed closer, and my heart was just going to have some asthma soon.. "You're my everything." His words were completely shocking to me. I stand there, stiffly, and confusedly. He's saying that like a friend, right?

Just then, I heard My mother call me. Damn. Why at this time? I slipped away from Alex, knowing if I wouldn't take this my mother would scream. His eyes were sad and loving. I ran downstairs with a heavy heart. I wonder what he even meant. But does he like me.. Like that? Impossible. I shook my head. Not impossible. Two teenager best friends. Maybe. But there couldn't be an 'us'.

"Yes?" I asked, rounding the corner to find my mother and Dina. Uncle and dad were drinking tea on the other sofas and watching a match. "Come here. Honey, it's time for dinner." I checked the time on the vintage clock. It was only around six."early dinner?" I asked. Mom nodded.

"Let them go out," Dina protested. Mom shook her head. "Yeah, I'm taking Jenna somewhere." I heard Alex's voice from behind and shivered. We all looked at him as he shrugged. "What?"
He asked, pulling on his leather jacket. Mom sighed.

"Yeah! You go get ready; I'll take care of your mom for ya." Dina winked and then ushered me away. I bit my lip and walked upstairs. Time for the outfit.

I pick the most reasonable thing. White short shirt, skirt, stockings, scarf, boots and purse. I straighten my dark hair and put on makeup. Coral pink lipstick, mascara, and my eyes popping out with bold eye liner and concealer. When I spray some 'Pure Seduction', and jog downstairs, I find Alex in his shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.

He glances up from his phone, looks down and then his eyes dart to me. He looks me up and down and then looks right into my eyes. We gaze at each other before a long time. "Let's go." He nodded his head to the door and I reluctantly walked towards there.

"Bye, mom, dad. " dad pats my back in a reassuring way that tells me everything will be fine. Mom smiles and we leave the house. Going into his car, he starts the engine and then looks at me.

"What?" I can't help but say. It's so awkward now that he told me I'm his everything. I don't know what to think of it. His lips formed into a beautiful smile that spread until his eyes.

"You're clueless, aren't you?" His face conveyed that he was clearly amused as he drove away. Groaning, I face palm. "But I don't know what-"

"You look flawless." He remarks. I stop my stammer and stay quiet. Why is he trying to be nice to me when he already has a girlfriend? Why is he flirting with me? We reach a haltering stop at the bank. He gets out, and then returns with a full wallet in his hands. Before he can start the car, I stop him.

"Alex. Why are you doing this?" I snapped, annoyed. Go to Carmen instead, I wanted to add. But I didn't.

"You'll see." And then he drives for a long time.

•••

We reach a stop about maybe an hour later. I'd been half asleep. I check myself in the mirror, run a finger through my hair, and then turn to Alex. It's dark out and in front of me is nothing.

"Where are we?" I asked, confused.

"Come on. I'll show you." He gets out of the car and beats me to my door, opening it wide.

I step out into some rocky pavement and we walk alongside of the place in the middle of nowhere. I knew there was Something fishy.

We reached tall trees, and he went across them. The weather wasn't chilly, but not sticky hot like Cali usually is. I followed him behind and suddenly we saw a building. There was a bridge and underneath was a small pond. We reached it, crossed it, and then got inside. The restaurant was beautiful. Small, quite, a bit dark, and huge aquariums lined up.

A waiter took us outside instead of the tables inside. Outside was wonderful. Fresh air, and you could see basically a lot of lights since this place was a bit more higher up like a mountain.

"Have a seat." He motioned and I sat down, still mesmerized by the beauty. There where dark oak chairs, blue umbrellas on top of the tables, and beautiful shades of the building. The sun was just setting; it was such an amazing view to get lost into.

"It's beautiful." I murmured at the pink and orange colours painting the sky. Alex nodded in agreement; and until the sun set, we didn't talk. Neither did the waiter come, which I appreciated. Apart from us, there was one more couple inside.

"Yeah." He looked at it with his glorious blue pair of eyes and made me swoon in response. Wait.. Do I like Alex? No way! He has a slut of a girlfriend, for gods sake, who's body is perfect and way better than mine! I'm sorry, but men can me tempted easily. And he'd never leave her for me.

But it doesn't hurt to have a teeny crush, right? I've known him for all of my entire life. But, never have I ever thought of it that way. Maybe it's time now. Maybe I should give it a try. I love him, right? I think I do. His personality, his inspiration, his everything.

It all means so much to me.

He just then stands up, excuses himself, and leaves to the restroom. I sigh in relief, I'll get more time to think. But as soon as his glorious smile exits the place, I sag down. He's left, and he's taken all of the laughter and light with him. Just then, I realize how important he is to me. How my heart aches when he leaves even for a few minutes. I've made my decision. I love him.

As soon as he comes back, my heart races faster and my face lights up. Straightening up, I smile and usher him to sit. He chuckled but sat. "A second ago you were cross." He remarks.

"Sorry, Alex. I .. I have to tell you something." I breathe, ducking my head down.

"Me, too." He takes his hand underneath my chin and pushes it up so we can see each other. Electric shocks make their way into my body.
Hope sparks in his eyes. I don't know if he feels the same way. But I'll give it a try. My whole life I've been kind of afraid of taking new tasks, and taking risks, but now I was going to do it. And I'm sure of it. Even if it ends up being a mistake, it'll be a beautiful mistake.

"Let's order." I speak up, and call over the waiter in the crisp suit. He gives us a menu and I order a platter. Pasta, a slice of pizza, and tender chicken salad. It's enough to fill me up, and I also order a tall cocktail.

Alex orders rice, chicken and a beef wrap, along with a tall smoothie. In five minutes, delicious food is in front of me in a white platter. I start with the pasta, eating a bit. The soft pasta and little bits of cheese sauce and chicken makes its way into my mouth. Soft and luxurious.

"Mm . It's yum." I say. Alex nods and chews, then sighs. "Okay. I'm going to start off with our things. Let's say what we need to together at the same time. Okay?" He arches his eyebrow. I nod. Ready for this, Jennifer? You can do this. I firmly tell myself, using my full name.

"One. " I start.

"Two." Excitement never leaves his eyes.

"Three." We both say, and then I firmly say "I'm In Love With You, Alex." But the most surprising thing is he says "I'm In Love With You, Jenna."

•••

oh my god.

guess who i m in love with? I m in love with you, readers. thank you for more than 200 views. love you!

-xoxo Hamna