Chapter 21

•••

I close my eyes and then open them again. Alex is busy rummaging through the closet, setting his clothes in. "Alex, you're such a girl." I groan and cover the blanket with my face as the sun shines inside the hotel room once again.

"Why would you be dating me, then?" He asks while putting the last of his clothes inside and turning towards the television, grabbing a snickers bar from the fridge and flopping onto the bed beside me.

"Uh, maybe I wanted to?" I shrug and this causes Alex to choke on his snickers bar. I burst out laughing as he flails his arms over-dramatically and crawl over to him, holding my breath.

"Okay, I'll do CPR on you." I joke and teasingly lean in, feeling his breath on mine. He chokes again, causing me to laugh and press my lips against his. Obviously I'm not doing CPR, it's not like I know how to. Especially on a lifeguard.

He stops choking after a few coughs and his lips move against mine. Then I pull myself away and laugh at him, clutching my stomach. He groans and throws the bar at me which is half eaten. I shriek and throw it back, running into the deck like a five year old.

The warm air hits me like a truck as it waves through my hair and I hold onto the metal railings, looking at the beach overhead and the whole resort, spa building, kids down below, swimming, laughing, and couples splashing and sitting, sunbathing.

I feel something hit the back of my head, and I pull away from this view as I see the gooey snickers bar on the ground. "EW, is this your spit?"

I hear his teasing laugh. "You sure like to suck things! Wonder why!" I scream and a couple of people turn to me. I quickly squat down, wincing and slapping my obviously red cheeks.

"You have a dirty mind. Anyway, that was not my spit you idiot I drained it in water to make you even more grossed out." He flops his hair out of his eyes and pulls at my hand, and I let him take me back to the room.

I flip onto the bed but Alex pulls me up. "Swimming!" He pleads and I sigh, nodding and entering the bathroom with my clothes.

•••

I splash him real hard as we get out of the pool and head up to our room.

I feel my phone vibrating and playing a random tune. Mental note: gotta change my ringtone. I wipe my hands on my wet swimsuit.. "Hello?" I pick it up and start getting my dry clothes.

"Hey." It's Ben.

"Hi, Ben. What's up?" Alex looks up with curiosity and then leaves to take a shower, motioning to the bathroom. I nod.

"Oh, you tell me. Where have you been? And where's Alex?"

"Since when did you know?"

"Since when I came to an empty house of Alex's. " he mutters.

I sigh. "After Dina, we decided to leave." I choke back tears, ready to explain to the guy about my parents who ditched me but I fight back the urge to tell him.

"Oh, right.."

"Yeah." I sniffle and then wipe my eyes. "So, how's life?"

"It's good, yeah. Just asked Evelyn out for dinner tonight." He groans. "I don't know what to wear! I'm not that fancy pants boyfriend but she so deserves one, and I'm so not the classy suit and tie." He explains. At the end of his explanation, I'm laughing.

"You're so helpless, you know?" I mutter. "You can come over to our hotel. I'll show you how to be a star and classy boyfriend."

"Great! Send me your location on whatsapp, and I'll be there in five.. If that's okay?" He asks, hesitant.

"Yeah, maybe half an hour because we just came from swimming." I shrug at the wall.

"Perfect. See you then. Thanks, Jenna. You're a lifesaver." He sighs.

"That's what friends are for." I end the call and text him the location, feeling good of myself to help his situation even though it was pretty minor. But I know Ben isn't classy nor does he know how to be a dream boyfriend, but he is a sweet one. He gives Lynn as much time as he can after lifeguard duty and all.

I dry up and soon alex is out of the shower. I quickly shower, and change into a crop top ish light rose shirt, shorts, and put on my favourite fake need glasses.I sit on to the plush bed, sinking deep inside and letting my eyes flutter. "Oh, Alex I forgot to tell you, Ben is coming soon. He needs help with his first 'classy' date."

Alex nods, slowly, and then smiles. "Okay." He says. "Yeah, Ben needs practice cause his dates are really casual and they aren't very frequent. They're usually hot dogs, or a smoothie, or just a stroll along the beach. He practically lives on the beach. " Alex rolls his eyes.

I laugh and nod, watching the rerun of a random movie as we wait for our friend to come.

•••

Knock knock! We are startled by the rapid knock on our hotel rooms door. Then I realize it's Ben. I hop up, rushing to the hotel room door. "Ben?" I ask, and look through the peephole. Sure enough it's his startling blue eyes and wild blond hair.

"Hey," he greets nervously as I open the door.

"Alex, you're such a --" he rushes over to Alex right away as I hear laughter and curse words from the other side of the room. I laugh and shut the door, walking towards the two best friends.

"You guys are so gay." I pout. Alex laughs and rushes toward me, hugging me. "Hell no we aren't. He got Lynn to worry about and I got you."

"Eh." I shrug and he clutched his heart, pouting. I move onto Ben and grab his hand, pulling him onto the bed and sitting across from him.

"Ok, Ben, so you have a date."

"Yeah,"

"First things first, be a gentleman. If you want to treat her right, open her door for her, kiss her at the right time, hold her hand, and don't start making out with her so fast." I narrow my eyes. I know Ben 's impatient attitude.

Ben looks down, blushing in embarrassment and then nods. Alex chuckles.

"Next, clothes, wear an ironed shirt, not just any wrinkled band shirt with faded shorts or jeans." I order. He nods.

"Anything else I need to tell you.. Hmm, manners, proper clothes.. Oh yeah, gel your hair or something. I think other than that Evelyn loves you the way you are. Just make sure you wear a pressed shirt. " I smile genuinely.

He smiles back, and starts to get up. "Hey, Alex, should I wear that-"

"It's ok, Ben. You can wear anything you like. Just make sure it's kind of formal." Alex suggests.

"Thanks guys." He grins. "Oh, f*ck, I'm getting late." He winces and waves, rushing out of the room.

I laugh and lock it, sitting back onto the bed. Just then, I feel Alex grabbing my arm. I turn around. His eyes are blazing. "Since when did you get so comfy with Ben?" He growls. I gape at him, my voice cracking. My heart races and sweat starts forming on my forehead.

"A-Alex, what are you talking about?" I whispered. "He's one of my best friends.."

"Shut up, Jenna. I know what's going on and I'm not stupid."

•••

so so sorry for the late update! I love my patient readers 5ever😘

-Hamna xoxo

Toddlers Until Teenagersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें