Chapter 16

I huff, sitting down next to Alex as he is forcing me right now. He pulls me close, onto his lap, and gives me a questioning look. "I did nothing wrong, Alex. Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask.

He pulls me closer, giving my cheek a peck before pulling away and looking at my face. "you're so damn hiding something." He observes. I sigh. He reads me too well. But no way I'm telling him about Dina's favour just yet. I want that to be shoved out of my mind for now!

"No. No I'm not," I quickly reply. He senses my tension and bursts out laughing.

"You suck at lying. Now chop chop, tell me!" He commands. I bite my lip. I think I should tell him what Dina said. But I should ask her first shouldn't I?

Wait.. How was there even an issue of us two being together? Everything was resolved. It's been a week now, of dating him, hanging out with Alice, Marla and Evelyn, plus the boys, and it's great now. But I am so not ready to talk about engagement. I mean, take it slow! But it's her wish.

She didn't say I have to get engaged to him, though! I just have to be In a strong relationship with him. Which I think I am in. So I let out a sigh before turning toward him. "Fine. Well, you know that day when you barged in shirtless?" I ask him. He smiles and nods.

"Well, Dina was telling me something. More like asking me a favour. Don't you dare get mad at her, Alex sanders. Okay? Now I'm going to tell you what she asked me. Well, she asked that she's worried about you being single and that she talked to my parents about this. The four parents, agreed that I am best for you. Like, as in, girlfriend and all. She is also hoping we get engaged-" I wince. "Or have a really strong relationship in between us. She wants you happy before she passes on." I gulp.

Alex breaks into a small smile. "Why didn't you tell me before? Let's tell Dina we've been dating for a week now!" He raises his eyebrows.

"I know you're tense about getting engaged, love, but I won't let that happen in terms of you're not happy." He promises. I give him a kiss on the cheek before moving off his lap.

We exit his room, holding hands. I heart chatters from Dina's room so we go there, opening the door. Sure enough, everyone is huddled on the bed, drinking coffee. Except Dina, and mum.

"Hi, Dina!" I exclaim. We enter the room, receiving smiles from our parents.

"Jenna! Alex!" She grins widely. Her hair is getting lighter by day, her teeth yellow and her skin wrinkled. I set those thoughts aside and hold Alex's hand confidentially.

"We have something to announce." Alex confirms, placing a hand on the bed and one intertwined with my own. My heart races. This is awkward. But as long as my Alex is holding my hand, well be okay.

Mom looks at me with a proud smile. She probably knows what's coming up, due to the talk we had two days ago and because she knows me really well. "Alex and I are dating." I declare, when Dina softly smiles at me. The blush never leaves my cheek as my parents look at each other, grinning, and uncle eyes is both with a smile similar to Dina's.

"Now, look, kids." Uncle starts. "We don't want you pressurized to be dating. We just thought that Jenna was the one, but in the end, it's all up to you. Both of you, please don't rush yourselves-"

"Dad, it's perfect. I think.. I think she's the one." He nods, gripping my hand tighter. I feel my heart skipping beats as he says this and I smile.

"Me, too." I firmly press on his hand before mom comes over, hugs me, and then smiles.

"Well, we'll leave you guys to what you were doing." Alex suggests, and then we both walk out of the room hand in hand.

"Get ready, Jenna. Do you want to go to that place again? The mountain ish grassy place with parks and all?" Alex asks, his blue eyes gleaming.