Chapter 27

When I wake up, it's due to the birds chirping and the sun pouring itself into this dark room. I groan and roll over, checking the time on my phone. It's around 3:00 pm! Oh, I'd better get ready. I have to be at the airport by 5:00 since you have to go 2-3 hours early.

I stride downstairs swiftly, having a major workout in the process. I run up to the kitchen and grab the first thing I see in the dark cupboard, which is cereal. It's fruit loops so I quickly pour in the cereal into the bowl and pour in some milk as well, sticking a spoon roughly inside and rushing to the table to eat. I swallow down my food and it's around 3:30 when I've finished, washed the bowl, and headed upstairs.

I grab my towel and go into the shower because my head feels a bit heavy. After my shower, it's just 3:55. A miracle timing since I usually take half an hour to shower, reading books or playing around or just letting the water run down my body as I sulk at the wall, or I just play music. But right now I'm in an urgent issue because I absolutely cannot wait to get to the airport and get it of this place called America, California.

Isn't love supposed to be made in America? Made in the USA? According to Demi Lavato, love made in the USA is so strong and bonding, and it's so sweet containing a rough Chevy and wind blowing through the girls hair, as they head over to an amusement park and shit. They also kiss an dance in the rain and what not. Well, Demi, my love was made in the USA and it turned out to be a-

ring!

"hello?" i pick up my phone.

"jenna, please don't go!" ben's voice erupts in my ears. I shake my head and groan, grabbing the bedsheet and blankets, setting them as I hear Ben pleading continuously. I feel bad for my good friend, but he should realize he's better off without me.

"I have to. You don't understand the fact that there isn't anything to lose yet. You could win Evelyn back and you could become the best couple like you guys used to be before I arrived here."

"But, I can't."

"What?"

"I said I can't, Jenna. I need you here in my life. You've helped me when I was lost, you were the one not Evelyn." He rambles, and I roll my eyes as I wheel my suitcase out of the room, and try to carry it down the stairs in a hassle.

"What do you mean, what nonsense are you speaking of?" I query, and finally get my suitcase down as I check the time, it's 4:00. I still have one whole hour to do what I want so I decide to stay in the house for a while, maybe a couple a minutes until i coils head out.

I go over to the sofas, and start to dust off the dust. "I mean what I'm saying to you. Jenna, I- I love you." He stammers. I roll my eyes yet again and laugh.

"I love you too, Ben, I know you love me."

"But you don't understand. I love you. I really love you." He desperately says.

"Haha, I know you do! Ben, I know you love me and I love you back because you're a really supporting and loyal friend, at first you seemed like a jock but then I realized that even if you are, you're a fluffy Ben bear inside and you're so huggable and you're a good friend-"

"I know."

"Yeah, so-"

"I'm at the front door of Alex's house, please open up." He demands. I debate whether or not to open the door, but I decide I should. Last goodbyes won't hurt, right? And it's not like he's gonna carry me and kidnap me. I've already booked my flight and Ben isn't one to demand or do something totally selfish.
"I know you're in there, so please open." He repeats.

"Okay, okay," I slowly get off the sofa and twist the lock open of the big house. Ben is instantly shoving the door close and ending his phone call as I end mine too, setting my phone on the table.