Chapter 28

Evelyn's POV

It's been more than a week and Ben isn't on his knees coming back to me, which startles me. I mean, he's always the one saying sorry because it usually is his fault. And I forgive him. But if one doesn't say sorry to you, what are you supposed to do? It's his fault he cheated on me and got all comfortable with jenna, and I'm also mad at Jenna. I mean, talk about stealing my boyfriend?

She would always be like, oh my god you two are such a good couple and oh u guys are relationship goals and shit, but now I know.. She was probably jealous of me to turn so bitter. I turn towards my real and loyal two best friends, Marla and Alice. We're munching on popcorn while chatting and watching a movie.

"Y'know, I was so stupid back those days." I shake my head as my girls turn towards my attention. "Like, I was the one backing up that slut and I was telling you guys to hang out with her." I shake my head in disgust. Marla nods.

"Yeah, now we know how much of a man stealer she really is. I wonder where's shes living and stuff."

"Hope she's not doing the nasty with Ben." Alice pipes up, and it hits me like a truck. She could be stealing him! What if Ben never apologizes?! I don't know what I would do.. I mean, we've been together for so long and I can't just let him go that easily.

"Guys.. Let's go to Ben's place. Sneak up. I still got his keys, spare ones," I nod at my friends. Marla quickly gets up and pulls on her sandals as Alice switched the TV off, and we head off with a bundle of keys pressed tightly inside the palms of my hands.

"Lemme drive," Marla looks at my clenched palms and she takes the car keys from me, and I remotely sit in the backseat while Alice sits in the front. Soft music in the background plays as my Toyota roars to life, and we drive off towards Ben's apartment. Before everything happened, we were planning to move in together, in his apartment. So he gave me the keys and I would come every so often as we would decide plans for moving in. Those days are long gone, though.

We reach to a halt in the big parking lot and the half glass and half brick building, which isn't too grand but isn't way too inconvenient, i mean it has a small party room and a swimming pool. Enough for the two of us, if I'm being honest.

We all pucker ourselves up and exit the car, then we walk over to the security as someone opens the door for us and I sign in, heading up the elevators. The receptionist knows me way too well that all I do is sign in. After the elevator dings, we all exit it with remote faces and I walk right over to the first apartment I see, Ben's. I twist the keys through.

The door slowly opens as I twist the brown knob, and hear nothing and no sign of life as I take in the view of the all known small kitchen, one sofa, a blue carpet, and as we head in a closet. Then there's that tiny table for two and we kick off our shoes as I take the lead. Alice is even recording, just to give proof of what we see next. I tiptoe over to the guest room door and throw it open, finding the bed half way made. Jenna. But there isn't anything fishy. She isn't here.

This time, i strife over to Ben's room door which is right beside, and I find no one inside either. Just another unmade single bed. And in between the washroom is unlocked and no ones inside. Not a single soul to be seen. I look back at my girls but we all have the same confused faces.

I walk over to the small decks door when I hear soft breathing. I throw open the door, but there, it's only Ben sitting, hunched over in the chair and staring out. "Ben?" I ask, signalling the camera to be switched off as my voice is coated in surprise. He spins around.

"What do you want, Evelyn?" He's calling me by my full name. Oh shit. Something is so very wrong and I can already feel it as his blue eyes glazing over me and the two best friends behind me.