Chapter 49

"Hey, you." Fiona winks at me, grabbing my hand and quickly calling Amelia over to the changing room section. Amelia dashes toward us, three shirts in hand, and gives a smug smile to both of us.

"That is one sexy little dress." Amelia remarks, putting the shirts she chose for herself down on the small sofa and coming over to me. The dress that I'm wearing really clings to me, and I bet Fiona's going to make me buy it. It's maternity wear, though, which is always great.

"Damn, girl, it is." Fiona winks. "You sure gonna get someone with that."

"Fiona, there's no one to get." I give her a glance. She knows it's true. Not yet, at least. No sweet guys around, and plus, I'm not even ready.

"I know what you're thinking, but it's not always going to be true." Amelia places a hand on my shoulder, her caring blue eyes gazing into mine.

"Yeah. The world doesn't end on Alex. It's been like a couple of weeks already. You don't have to grieve on one guy when you know he's never coming back. Live a little. It'll be healthy for you and the baby." Fiona lectures. I nod, biting my lip.

"I'm trying to live. But I can't promise anything yet. Now, is this a buy or not?" I make my voice cheery at the end of my response and Amelia claps her hands.

"A buy, at least in my opinion."

"A total buy, girl." Fiona also adds, and I grin at them, before twirling around and walking into the changing room again. I have no idea what this store is, it was just one we passed by, but it's amazing.

I look myself in the mirror. A lot has changed in this whole month. I actually am stepping out of my depressed life and into something new. My baby bump has also grew and it's been two and a half months since my pregnancy. I actually feel really bad and shitty at times, but then my friends are always there to support me and my mood changes.

The dress is maroon, with a hint of purple. Just a dark plum ish shade that's really gorgeous, especially in winter, and it clings to my body like there's no tomorrow. There's also a cut out on my back and it reaches my mid thigh, being cute, sexy, and simple. I also bought a teal colored dress that was less tight and had lacy arms, and a white belt. And I bought yoga pants and some cute tops with new jeans.

Not all of my shopping was done from here, though. But I have to say I feel great today. We went to the spa earlier, to get waxes, and manis and pedis. We were about to leave but our eyes caught on this store and we had to buy some things.

"Okay, guys, we should leave now." I inform my two best friends, as they pause their arguing over a green top that Fiona is clinging to her chest, and Amelia is telling her not to buy.

"Should I buy this?" Fiona abruptly asks.

"It's all up to you, Fi." I tell her. "How much?"

"Fifty." Amelia answers back for me, wrinkling her nose.

"I mean, if you love it, then okay. If you don't, it's not really worth it. Plus, it's off sale." I grab my items as my shoes go over the polished tiles and neat, wooden racks with shiny shelves and bright, tumblr lights. This store is pretty expensive but there is a Christmas sale, so why not?

     "Eh, it's not that good." Fiona agrees, and puts the shirt back on the twirling racks.

After buying all of our items, we finally exit the mall and I note down the store name. I'm surely going back there someday.

***

My stomach growls, and I shout to Amelia for her to fasten the pace of making dinner. Or should I say serving the delivery pizza I ordered. I kind of overdid myself, but I blame the cravings.

"Woah, that's a lot of food." Ethan nudges me, and I give him the death glare as he chuckles, backing off.

"Josh, change the channel right now. I want Frozen on ASAP." I snap, my hormones getting the best of me. Josh laughs, and changes the channel and sticks in the Frozen DVD.

Finally, the table is set. Lily is also invited here for dinner. We all sit around the table while frozen plays and I stuff my mouth with delicious, cheesy pizza and cold seven up. I'm such a fat arse, I know. But I burn it off, running a bit everyday, with my fitness partners, of course.

Suddenly, I get a Skype call on my laptop. I groan, walking over to it, wiping my hands on my jeans. Who could it really be right now? Can't people sense that it's dinner time in Canada?

I pick up the call, only to realize it's..mom.

Mom's face flashes on the screen, with her bright green eyes and brown hair like mine. She never looked like me, she was always the prettier one. I have my dads blue eyes, and his higher cheekbones while my mom has irresistible dimples.

My mouth goes dry, as the whole room goes silent, and all you can hear is Elsa and Anna talking with annoying and unwanted voices at the moment. "M-Mom?"

"Jenna! Oh my god, honey!" She gushes. Holy shit, I've really missed her voice. And her face. And just..my mom.

"Hey, is that you, Lily?" Mom exclaims, and lily nods, swallowing a bite of her pizza before walking over to me, dumbfounded and wide eyed.

"Gosh, yes." Lily responds, and mom smiles wide. Amelia and Fiona are instantly by my side. They know how mom left and how I have mixed feelings for her right now.

"Wow, Jenna. I've missed you guys so much.." She shakes her head. I can only see her face.

"So, how's your getting rich in Tokyo plan going? Running smooth?" I ask, and the question comes out way more rude than I intended. Josh and Ethan scoop her out the room. They know a bit about how my mom left, but it's obviously awkward.

"Honey.." She sighs. Then I hear some background voices and then mom turning back to us.

"Listen, I got to go. I'll try to call you later." Then the call ends.

My best friends hold my both hands, reassuring me. But I just can't believe I talked to my mother in almost a year. A year.

And, guess what? She never called again after that day.

***

hey guys some exciting news to offer

the next chapter will be five years forward!!

So excited

xoxo