Chapter 36

I scan a look over my final outfit. Sophisticated was the word, I guess. A plain blue jean material shirt with some fashionable buttons tucked into my shorts, shorts with cream flowers, a cream coloured Coach™ bag, beautiful cream leather flats, several matching rings and a beautiful hairband. I made a bun.

    The outfit was laid out on the armchair when I woke up from my drowsy sleep. Honestly, the bed was amazing but I couldn't sleep, not with everything stuck in my mind and jumbling up. I knew I had to get out somehow, but.. I didn't know how.

   Ben is in the shower. I hear the familiar rushing of the water as I sit on the side of the bed. I don't want to do any makeup, but I have to make the guy happy so he can trust me, and that's the first stage of the plan.

   I apply some foundation, make my cheeks look sharp, which I already have high cheekbones to thank for. I apply some light blush, a light coloured lipstick, and some mascara and eyeliner. I hear the shower tap still running, and I put my makeup away. That was also lying in my purse, so I guess I had to do it. I bet he was prepared for everything.

   Suddenly, I heard a very faint knock on the door. So faint that I couldn't hear it at first until I actually leaned in close and saw from the peephole that it was Ethan. I slowly opened the door with as much care as I could, and slipped out.

   "Do you have the keys?!" He whispered.

   "Right here, buddy, stop panicking." I  wave the card in his face. 

   "He'll be suspicious, of where you're gone."

  "I'll text him I went early to eat, because I was hungry. Simple."

   He raises his brows. "That won't work, honey. He doesn't trust you." He dryly mutters and flips out his phone.

    "Hello?" He says after dialling a number.

   "Yes, yes, I've got her."

    "Yes, we're just going down to eat."

  "Of course. No problem, sir. I always do." He reassures thoroughly, glancing at me with a cocky wink. I roll my eyes.

  "Yes, yes."

  "No, no, it's fine. Yes. Okay. I'll see you down in a bit. No, no, relax. It's fine, I've got the girl. Bye." He quickly says, and licks his lips, ending the call and turning to me.

   "That, my friend, is how you handle Ben." He winks, as we walk to the elevator, going down to the lobby.

    The breakfast is grand, marvellous. A dream, finger licking, I could definitely say. The pancakes are laid out, the scrambled eggs, coffee, warm toast, Nutella, and many other dishes and beverages to choose from. I grab a pancake on my plate, maple syrup, fruits, a bowl of scrambled eggs and some coffee. "So, what's your plan?" He asks.

   "We.. Well, I don't have a clear one yet, but we have to earn Ben's trust before we take any big steps." I conclude, and he nods, digging into his bacon.

   "But, your trust, not mine. He already trusts me." He states, mumbling, as he sips his coffee.

   "Right. So I think we should wait-" I grimace, sighing. "I know I hate him but we can't run off to the jet and just get to Alex in seconds. God, Ben's much smart for that. He has cameras where he keeps Alex, and he's well, rich."

    "You know much lesser than me. I know he has many traps and he pays many people to do things, put cameras in so many disgusting places, he.. He has so many things. What, that reminds me, give me your bag." He grabs my bag and literally shoves through it until he finds something, a black clip on thing in my zipper pocket.