Chapter 8

Alex's POV

And I thought she didn't have feelings for me. But when she said it, confirmed it, my heart felt at once relieved. Something like the weight off my heart. But instead of her blushing and looking down, she instantly dropped her fork with a clatter into her plate, at first surprised. Then she stood up in a jerky movement and her expression was the one she would give me when I would steal her dolls in teasing. But this time, it was like that, but worse.

"F*ck you! Son of a b@tch! Player!"
She screamed, and I winced. The staff could hear but the most deadly thing was that she is angry at me. I don't know why. Then, she runs out of the restaurant entirely, making me run after her.

I jog out of the restaurant, ignoring the beady eyes staring at us. I hear her clear sobs in the silent night. She runs to our car, where the beautiful view shines but nothing is truly beautiful when the love of your life is angry. I rush up to her mascara stained face. She turns away, her hair a mess and her eyes puffy.

"Jenna-"

"Stop it, Alex! Just.. Just get away." She starts crying again. I sigh, resting my back against the car. What the heck is wrong? I mean, why is she angry at me?

"I swear I don't know why you're so-"

"Just shut up! You idiot! You seriously think I'm buying that?" She spins around. She looks gorgeous even when she's crying and a mess. Poking a finger accusingly at me, she breaks down again.

"Let me-"

"Alex, you asshole! You're such a f^cking asshole!" She's stopped her tears and wiped them away, squaring her shoulders and aligning her height with mine.

"What did I ever do??" I stammer, running a hand through my hair with exhaustion and frustration. This was not how I was imagining our love confirmation to be like. Not at all.

"You? What did you ever do? You are a big idiot. You player! You're dating Carmen at one side, and then trying to trick me into your other side! You're the meanest, Alex. And I thought you were different." She sags her shoulders, quite all of a sudden and huddles herself as if its cold. I smack my head. This is what she was thinking of me?

"Jenna. I can explain." I started. She puts a hand up. "Stop it, just stop. You sleep with Carmen and then try for me too. I know how she is. Okay? I know that you'd never leave her for me. She's attractive and way ahead of my innocent thoughts. She's f*cking FAKE!!" She screams at the end.

"I'm sorry, Jenna, but I don't understand why you'd ever think like that. I already gave her up for you! " I cover my face, and leave her silent. Catching our breath, we stay quiet. She's more tense, I can tell. I stay like that, and I feel guilt in the air from her. She thought I'd confess to her while having a girlfriend?! I can't believe it. I feel so hurt.

"Alex..." She tries to remove my hand from my face, but I jerk away. I'm too hurt to actually do this. I can't be live she'd think of me as one of the normal men that are either players or worse. I thought she wasn't like that.

"Alex, I'm really sorry." She begs, and my heart wins her over and I remove my hand from my face. Her eyes are pleading and tears slip out of them. "I'm really sorry, you don't know how guilty I am. I thought you just.. I don't know. Every girl has this thing in her, and whatever she assumes then she's just put up on it. The trigger releases and she gets tense. That just happened to me, and I'm really sorry. " she begs, wiping her tears with the heel of her hand.

I sigh, and then nod. "I understand. But from now on, I want you to know, that I'll never hurt you. Jenna, I'm not like that. I know your likes and dislikes, I know whatever you desire. I'm your best friend, need I remind you. I'm not like the others." I stride closer but don't touch her. She nods, her eyes scared and wide.