Chapter 48

"They won't let go! Ex's and Oh's!" Fiona sings, bumping hips with me, as I laugh, gripping the kitchen counter. Amelia grins at us, swaying her hips, washing the dishes.

Suddenly, the song changes to Can't Feel My Face. Fiona sets a washed glass in the cabinet, as I grab a glass and fill it with juice for myself. "She told me don't worry, no more." I sing, and then sip my orange juice, setting it on the coffee table.

"You want some of this booty?" Amelia shakes her butt in Fiona's face, as Fiona makes a creeped out expression before slapping it and wiggling her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"Guys, shut up." Ethan comes into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Fiona from behind and kissing her neck. His light hair is fluffy usually, but it's gelled back today.

"Hey, babe." She turns around, pecking him on his lips before placing a glass in the cabinet.

"What's up with the kinda good hair?" Josh asks, coming into the living room, plopping beside me. Amelia wipes her hands on her jeans and comes over to us.

  "Yeah, Ethan." Fiona raises her eyebrows. "It's kinda too fancy for you."

   "Oh, I have an interview today. At a local job as a manager. There's a little café nearby, it's cozy and amazing. I might even get to be in charge of it as the owner but the real owner will visit every now and then if I nail this interview." Ethan wiggles his eyebrows. Fiona clamps her hand on her mouth, and Josh gapes at Ethan.

   "That's so cool." I murmur, and everyone turns to look at me. The one who hasn't said a word throughout the day. Barely speaks.

"Yeah, isn't it?" Amelia quickly fills in the silence.

"And, you're driving." Ethan points to Josh. "Drop me there. "

"What?" Josh is fighting a knowing grin, and he also isn't surprised. "I did not sign up for this." But he pushes himself enough so he can get off the sofa.

"Oh, you signed up for it the day you stole my turkey sandwich in fifth grade." Ethan gives him a huge, ear to ear grin, and they both wave before leaving, the door closing, echoing through the house.

"Friendship goals." Amelia smirks.

Fiona comes over, sitting where Josh was wedged, in between me and Amelia. "No. We're friendship goals. Shut it."

"Yeah." Amelia smiles, as Fiona hugs me with one arm and Amelia with the other.

   "Who's up for some shopping today? Maternity wear and all, we got to get you something in prep for the baby."
Amelia wiggles her eyebrows.

   Fiona turns to her, smiling. "Yeah. That's a great idea. But, I have to remind Jenna that she has a doctor's appointment today. And it's really important she learns how pregnant she is."

  My heart races. Today's the day. I want to go, I have an urge to go, but then sadness always sweeps over me, it takes over my body, my consciousness. This is Ben's baby. It's his. And I'm going through everything just for it's health. I can't drink, I can't let myself be free and dance and go to parties, I can't study or go to college, I can't do anything. I'm tied to this thing..and I can't untie myself. The knot is so messed up. My life is so messed up.

"Jenna? Are you okay?" Fiona asks, and Amelia nudges my side gently. I quickly nod, wiping the fresh, warm tear that strolled down my cheek victoriously.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumble, standing up and walking to the bathroom. I have a pretty round stomach, but I still feel much heavier and lazier than the bump I have. Also, every other hour or so I get really bad cramps in my stomach that last about five minutes.