Chapter 2

This can't be. My menses had to come right now, this week?! When I get to California I won't be able to swim for a few days because of this cycle! I groaned, washed my hands, and wiped them on the cream towel by the sink.
As I came out, Ames sat up. "What happened?!" She stammered, her voice concerned.

"Ugh. You know, that time of month. "I replied, feeling a miniature pang at my lower stomach. " Since I got it on Saturday, it'll end on Next Saturday, so Thursday, Friday, Saturday. But I can still use the other-"

"Yeah, don't worry about it!" Ames suggests.

"Girls! Come down now! Time to eat" Mom declared , Ames being interrupted. Ames dashed downstairs, me behind her, taking it slower. "Oh? Yeah! Thanks for reminding me." I grinned as we sat at the table.

I set the plates and glasses on the table, and poured water into four glasses. We ate in heavy excitement and silence.

•••

I stare out to my ceiling, imagining what Alex would look like these days. It's been 6 years, and of course he's changed physically. I hope he still doesn't change his funny attitude that would make me fall on the floor laughing, or his sly grins that would make me giggle at him. I sighed, pausing my music and taking out my headphones from my ears. Time to sleep. "Ames?" I asked, knocking on the washroom door.

"What?" She answered from the shower. I giggled. I scratched my forehead and glanced at the bottle of perfume I was holding.

" do you think I should bring 'dreams ' perfume with me? " I asked her, fiddling with The bottle. I heard muffled voice.

"HMM I think you should." She replied in a muffled voice by the shower. The water sprayed and the sounds echoed in the washroom. I could hear it.

I went back to work, tightening caps, folding clothes, and checking the time every now and then. It strikes 12:00, and I sigh, breathing into my pillow. I'm tired right now. Mood swings pass along, and I pause my music and switch on my old laptop to watch some NetFlix. Ames comes out, her black hair into straight sticks and her eyes amused at my Netflix obsession.

We watch until we can't take it anymore and our eyes are dropping down. I closed my eyes, and licked my lips. Sleepy Time. Sweet dreams.

•••

"Honey, pass me the toast please." Mom said, chomping on the last of her bread and jam, and pouring some milk for Ames. Ames groaned. "please, Aunt. Don't feed me up so much!" She complained, but mom didn't mind.

"Of course I won't over feed you, darling, but you've ate so less! How will you grow your hair and get stronger? Eat." She demanded, and I passed her some toast. My mom was like that to Alex as well. We've all been through my mother shoving food down our throats. Ames sighed. She was used to it.

I finished my glass of juice and placed it into the sink. I drained it out while rinsing it. I finished my croissant and scrambled eggs. After washing the breakfast dishes together, we went upstairs and packed up some more.

"Now, I seriously need fresh air man. Let's go to the beach for little time. We've already packed my hand carry." I whined, placing it back into the closet. It was heavy.

"Alright, okay." Ames replied. We dashed into separate washrooms. I grabbed my bikini.It was classic blue and looked hot on me, thanks to Ames' sense of fashion. I grinned at myself. Lookin hot. I thought. After that, I rubbed on sunscreen. Then I pulled on a pair of ripped shorts and a fresh crop top. I grabbed my big yet sensible white bag with flowers edged on it.

I sprayed perfume on myself. I also combed my hair and took it into a top knot. Applying a thin layer of mascara and eyeliner, I also brushed out my eye brows and applied nude eyeshadow. After stuffed extra lady stuff in my purse, my phone, charger,headphones, sunscreen, perfume, lip glosses, one lipstick, a bit of makeup, nail polish, my wallet, sunglasses, and a first aid kit.