Chapter 9

I scuffle in the bed as the sun shines with another attack sent in my eyes. I groan and fidget with my blanket, trying to pull it over my gaze. Sighing, I succeed. Last night was amazing. We'd gotten ice cream afterwards and then made a drive home.

Our parents got a bit mad for us coming home late, but we managed to make it out alive, lucky. I stay in bed for a while, letting the memories pass, and then hop out of bed. The mirror showed my ugly morning face. My hair is all over, and some pieces hang down, almost reaching my waist. I sigh and rub my eyes.

I slip into the washroom and take a warm shower as it runs down my body freely. I then dry it up and lightly blow-dry my hair before pulling on a red sweatshirt, knee lengthy shorts, and pull my hair into a ponytail. For now, that's my outfit. If we go somewhere I'd change. Which is most likely.

Today's a Sunday, so tomorrow is basically Monday. I'm glad FRIDAY was the last day of school, so more time with Alex. I feel the blush, and I'd better get used to it. Alex kissed me three times last night, each lingering kisses. I miss him already. I wonder what our relation is. Are we even.. Together?

I run a finger down my ponytail, and apply some nude lipstick onto my lips. Then, with a heavy sigh, I exit the room and run right into Alex. His hair is slightly wet like mine. I give him my best grin. "Morning." I greet him. He slips his hand into mine and smiles.

"Morning, love." He greets back and makes my legs melt down like jelly. I flutter my eyes close and hug him tight, before letting go, and we walk side by side down the stairs. "You're so sweet." I smile. He blushes and looks down. Cutie.

"Mom, Dina!" I run up to them and give them two wide hugs. Mom seems utterly speechless. "Since when did you get in a good mood?" She asked and I giggle. If only she knew why.

"Oh, its no crime." Alex grins from behind me and I share an amused smile with him. Mom suspiciously gazes at us but Dina breaks into a grin. "That is right, Alex. now you two come along, breakfast is almost made." she pulls at my hand and i gleefully take it.

We enter the bright and vibrant kitchen once again, and I sit at the table right across from Alex. We share a quick smile and then dive into our food. There's an egg, toast, a bunch of jams, and fruits along with juice or milk. Who wants bacon?" Dina smiles. I shake my head 'no', and Alex takes some. Then I spread jam onto my toast and eat it, and take two sips of my milk. After eating, I see mom and Dina cuddle up on the couch, doing some office work of Dina's. A guilty pang presses at my stomach. I didn't even revise my school work!

"Alex, I was thinking to study." I remark. He smiles and nods. "Let's go to this place I know... And study."
He chuckles. We reach the stairs and descend to our own rooms.

"Get ready. " he informs me. I nod a yes and close my door, my heart racing. Is this like our second date? Wait, are we even dating? Maybe he's in love with me, but dating... I mean, he just got over Carmen. I'll give him some time.

I pull on a perfect outfit. It's cream coloured, and rose petal pink, along with a perfect denim jacket and matching accessories. The sun is still bright in the sky, vibrant, beautiful. So I grab my sunglasses and a purse, and im ready to go. Just the makeup, which I always go nude on. BB cream, nude lipstick, light mascara, eye liner, and light brown eye shadow. It all looks amazing and gives my cheekbones such a prominent structure as I align a light powder to make it show off.

Pulling my hair , I decide to leave it cascading down my back for now. Then, I pull myself together and walk out with a smile tugging at my lips. Alex comes right out a few seconds later, smiling at my appearance. "Jenna, you look.." He starts to murmur.

"I understand you before you can compliment me." I breathe, stepping closer to him. His eyes take me in; then they travel to my own, and he leans in and gives me a whisper of a kiss. It lingers on my lips as he pulls away and we walk right side by side down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Mom looks ready herself; a fit tracksuit on that looks casual and stylish. It's red and a bit black, with a fit shirt, tracksuit pants, and her hair tightly into a ponytail. Dina is in something similar, except blue and black.

"Tracksuit moms?" Dad laughs from behind us, and I nod with the same confused look mirroring dads face. "We're going for running." Mom mentions proudly, patting her stomach. It doesn't bulge that much, but maybe a bit losing weight could be good. Dina is in a good shape, just needs to work on her chin and maybe large arms.

"Oh, that's a miracle." Uncle chuckles in agreement, swatting dads arm. They share a smug look before moving alongside the tv near the stairs. That's literally their man cave.

"Anyway, we're going out to the.." Alex leans in to Dina and whispers. Dinah's face fills with a amused expression. "Fine by us. Have a nice time!" She calls as Alex takes me by the Arm.

We go up to his car, load up in, and I notice he has a big clothed bag right in the backseat. I avoid it for now and face out the window. After a while of driving, I feel a warm hand on top of mine. A crimson colour fills my cheek. I turn to see Alex, and he smiles half heartedly at me.

"Why are you so quiet, love?" He asks. I smile and bite my lip. "I'm anxious of where you're taking me."

"Don't you worry, Jenna, I won't kidnap you and kill you after raping you." He bursts out laughing and the blush seems permanent on my cheeks.

"Haha. So funny." I mutter as the trees whizz pass out my window. The greenery flatters me. I've always loved it, and gotten used it since Canada has loads. Along with drizzling rains and threatening yet magical snow storms. The grass and pines line up all in order, each playing their role of beauty as they pass by.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"his voice agrees. "Yeah, it is. Now please. Where are we going?" I beg. He smiles to himself, and bites his lip quickly.

"Well, that's a surprise. But I'll tell ya, I promise it'll be a gorgeous view." He hints, and then we stay in a comfortable silence for a time. Then, I rest my head on the seat.

•••

Waking up, I lightly rub my eyes and smile out at Alex. He's watching me, and the car has stopped. Before I can look, his hands gently place onto my eyes. I groan, and he suddenly let's go. But I keep them close, and then he opens my door. I stumble out, and seconds later he removes his hands. My eyes stick to the place.

There is a bunch of mountains, not the glacier type. The grassy and beautiful type. Their was a huge park and bits of grass at the edges. Their are a bit of ruins of little houses. Like bricks.. A dome almost. A bunch of them, closing around. It all makes me smile so wide. "What is this place?"

"I don't know the name, precisely, but.. Me and my friends figured it two years ago. It was really nice. Roads built along greenery and green mountains. Prickly grass underneath our legs. " he sighs and urges me forward, our finger intertwining.

•••