Chapter 10

I smile as he leads the way to a brick ruin. It's gorgeous, really. I mean, they look like ruins, but they aren'tt, the architects just tried to give that type of effect. I sit on the prickly grass underneath my dress, and the smell of grass, maple, somehow, and jut fresh air around me. I lean against the honey colored brick, and look up to the full, vibrant, blue sky. There is a street lamp right beside the little brick dome.

"It's wonderful, Alex." I face his gorgeous, blue grey colored eyes which are shining brightly. He smiles back,leaning in for a kiss. I plant one right on his lips, and soon we are breathless as our lips fight together in sync, tongues dancing.

A voice interrupts us immediately. "When will you stop making out?" I recognize this as Ben, from the other day. I blush and turn towards him. His arms are around a beautiful girl. She has caramel skin, and her hair is in waves down her back. There is makeup smack on her face, but not too much. Her clothes are actually decent. A crop top, shorts, and high tops. No cleavage showing, well that's a relief.

"Will you stop stalking me?" Alex throws an arm in the air in mock frustration, and I see more people, a girl with a pixie cut, a girl with a bit cleavage showing and spiky boots, and more boys. "Evelyn, this is Jenna," Alex points to Tyler's girlfriend, I believe. "HI!" She enthusiastically greets me, her smile stretching across her dark pink lips.

As the boys huddle up and walk on, I notice the others once more. "Hey," I nod back at Evelyn. "Well, uh, this is Alice." she points to the pixie cut girl who gives me an elevator look. "And this is Marla, over here." she points to the other girl. They all have something in common; they are gorgeous. I feel like dirt beside Evelyn's vibrant smile, Alice's sleek and glossy hair, Marla's fit body.

"Uh, nice to meet you." I stammer and motion them to sit. Evelyn sits right on the grass patch beside me, while Alice leans against the bricks, and Marla's emerald eyes pierce into mine as she stands right where she is, beside Alice. They both seem bored like they don't want me here. "I love your dress!" Evelyn tries to break the tension. I nod and give her a tight smile.

"Where did you get it from?" She asks. By this time, Alice is on her phone and Marla is skimming through a glossy magazine in the brick ruin beside us, with Alice at her side. I turn my attention to Evelyn and forget the stares of them. "Oh, Canada. From Urban Outfitters." I admit, smiling.

"ooh, you're from Canada? Beautiful, right? I've been there once. So when did you come?"

"Almost three days ago."

"Nice! spending the summer? California is the best place to spend your summer, yes." She agrees, biting her lip in thought, her eyes at her fellow friends. I nod again, looking there too. Alice's ice cold blue eyes stare at me for a second, before turning down into her phone. "I'll be right back," Evelyn murmurs and takes her vibrant self up to the girls. Even though the domes are way far apart, my ears take in bits of conversation.

"....... I don't care, Eve." i hear someone say. It's Alice, her hands at her hips in anger. I look away.

"But, Alice..." Evelyn.

" Come on, Eve. catch up. We came here to have fun. " Marla complains.

" I know. But just talk to her, she's nice, guys."

"i don't care. I am so not here to watch Alex's new sleeping buddy talk to me about dresses and My Little Pony." As soon as i hear these words from Alice's up curled pout, my hands run cold and tears spring into my eyes. Sleeping buddy? My Little Pony? She thought of me as a baby? A CHILD? And is Alex hiding something from me? Does he actually have a dozen friends with benefits?

"SHH! Alice, please." Evelyn mutters while Marla darkly laughs. "Alice is right. We aren't taking in his new little f-ck buddy, because Alex needs to control his damn self and desires. Keep his little 'friends' away from us. Carmen was enough, after her, I've lost my patience. No more nicey." Marla folds her arms across her chest. I feel my tears slipping. I quickly turn away from the murmur of voices, and wipe my tears. Fixing my mascara, I prepare myself and huddle against the wall.