Chapter 46

I pour clear and sparkling water into the tall glass sitting on the grey marbled counter mixed with the color, blue, light shades of  blue, that had sunlight dazzling on it, reflecting, showing its bright side. "This much enough?" I say, stopping midway, facing the young man sitting on the sofa, who's eyes are a spiral of blue and green, and hair light brown, which reminded me of autumn always.

It's been almost a week since I told him the plan. He said he had to think about it, and so now, he's giving me the answer. My heart is beating fast, thudding.

   "Yeah, thanks, Jen." He nods, his deep, husky, and beloved voice fills the kitchen that connects with the living room.

   I hand it to him, and he takes it, sipping it, as I perch on the side beside him, gazing at his beautiful face. His swirling, earthy eyes face me yet again.

    Alex's POV

     She pours me a glass of sparkling water, her light brown hair swaying, having light golden streaks flowing freely through it, as she turns around, her face coming into view. Her eyes are a swirl of light grey and blue, so translucent, making you beg for more, pulling you in. Then her mesmerizingly perfect nose, not too tall or straight or fat or short. Just the right size, and then further down to her plump lips. Pouting, sometimes, or smirking, or smiling widely. Light pink, not too big, yet not thin.

   She asks me if that's enough, and I answer, still focused on her and only her. Her hips sway a bit as she walks over to me, her physique beautiful, curving in the right places. She hands me the glass of water and I sip it, looking at her.

   "Come, sit." I pat the leather sofa, as she sits up beside me, our elbows touching. I turn to face her, as she looks down.

   "So, how do you like this plan?" She asks, finally looking at me.

   "Jenna..you know that i don't deserve you. I started this all, and because of me, we're in this position where we are physically so close, but mentally, miles away." I shake my head. "I think I should even take off in a couple of days, go find myself a place to live, a place to settle, and a good college. Jenna, I'm leaving your life for good, because it's only best for you."

    Tears well up in her eyes, collecting, smile fading. I hate to see her this way. But I have to leave her. I'm toxic, suffocating her life. She missed homecoming, prom, events, times where she should have been laughing and dancing recklessly. It's my duty to leave now, at least now.

   "Is it best for you, too?" She silently asks. She always knows how to hit the soft spot. I don't answer.

    "We've been through a lot, Jenna. Just don't be trouble right now. Listen to me. This is the way. You have to carry on, graduate, get engaged to some good guy who keeps you out of danger, and get a job, live your life, be an amazing mom, party when you can, and just be gorgeous and bring lots of more Jenna's to the world." I burst.

    Now tears are flowing down her face, and I'm clutching the tall glass so hard that my knuckles turn white. "What if that Jenna doesn't get an Alex?"

    Our breaths come in huffs, slowly, the only sound in the eerie area. "That's a rhetorical question." I place the glass on the coffee table, and stand up.

   I walk to the corridor leading to the front door. I'm better now, and that's good. I can leave her alone. "Where are you going?"

    My sweater is on me, and my hand twisting the doorknob. "Just make sure the Jenna's never find an Alex."

    Jenna's POV

     Before I know it, the cold wind flows freely in front of me, filling the heated house, and Alex is gone, the door closed behind him. I crumple right there, on the cold, hard floor, my tears coming out heavily and sobs growing louder. I try to breathe, but I can't. I try to take a huge breath, a gulp of air, but it's impossible.