Chapter 24

Evelyn's POV

I curl up and sniffle, wrapping the dark blue blanket around my legs. I think I'm so sick right now, and yesterday's night flashbacks are so it helping. Oh my god, I feel so cold right now even though it's like, what, 60 degrees? I go over to my central AC and turn it off, feeling a tiny bit better.

I sulk at the walls as I return to my little area, with my blanket, a couple of CDS, a TV, a sofa, and a bunch of tissues everywhere. I don't believe that I broke up with Ben. I can't believe my life right now. All this promises, every single lingering kiss, every whisper, every night, every day, was it all fake? He never loved me. He was always head over heels for Jenna.

And I can't believe my own friend cheated on her boyfriend and broke my trust! I never even realized, I was so dumb! I should've realized earlier that Ben and Jenna were goggly eyes at each other so I didn't waste my time on that girl, and neither on Ben! Of course Ben can get any girl he wants. He's a damn lifeguard with abs and blonde hair! What else do girls want?!

But I wanted his personality, I wanted him because of his funny attitude and everything else, beyond that. Because for me , I believe in love that colour, race, weight, age, or appearance does not and should not come in between. But that is only if you love someone with your heart.

That isn't the case in my life.

Just then, I hear a faint knock at my door. I look through the peephole to see Alex, and I let him in. "Hey, Lynn." He bluntly says, before entering and looking around my messy apartment.

"What the f*ck happened here?" He turns to me, his blue eyes wondering and confused. I laugh darkly and plop into the sofa, simply looking back at his confused features.

"Nothing." I reply in a duh voice.

"What's wrong with you, Evelyn? Your apartment is messed up." He states, clearly as if it's the worst and most unlikely thing that could ever happen.

"Well, my whole life is turned upside down. That's simply what's wrong with me." I remark, hurt covering my features. Oh do not cry, do not cry, Lynn, don't cry again or else you'll never stop.

I feel protective arms around me. I look up to see Alex hugging me, so I hug him back. "It's ok, Lynn. I don't know why they both left us but I think clearly they aren't worth it, so don't mourn about them."

"Are you- are you sure?" I sniffle, looking up at him and letting a tear run down my face. He doesn't look at me, he's looking out the window at the sorrowful weather, the wet streets and sticky air and grey clouds.

He doesn't reply to me.

•••

Alex's POV

I rummage through the closet, looking at each and every outfit of Jenna's. She.. She lied to me, she's actually in love with Ben! And God knows where they are and what they're doing! Suddenly, anger builds up inside my chest.

Then I lie down and think about the days earlier, before all of this happened. Before my mom died. My mind suddenly hurts, and then one name is lingering on my lips : "Liana!"

Before I know it, I'm up and out of this hotel, driving faster than ever towards the hospital my mom died in and which hides a small and frail girl, whose trapped and scared, who actually loves me. Liana.

Oh god, should I be thinking these thoughts? No I shouldn't. Maybe Jenna.. Shut up, Jenna isn't worth your life, your love, she's gone! She's out of your dumb life and she can't return because she has another lover, another boy, a boy who was my best friend, a boy called Ben.