Chapter 19

"O-One month?" I stuttered, my face probably turning a despicable shade of pink. "I completely forgot."

"That's okay. All the drama that was caused couldn't actually help anyone. " he shrugs, his eyes gazing at me in a loving way.

"I'm sorry it wasn't anything too special." He adds, sighing and taking a hand through his hair. I pat on the spot beside me and smile as he sits.

"It's perfect, Alex." I finish off and for evidence I push the space in between away, letting our lips in contact. Shivers run down my spine and I pull him closer, my fingers knotting in his hair passionately.

We don't stop, and my lips swell as he pulls in for more. Soon, we're panting on the bed, breaking apart slightly. He pulls in for more, but a shout ends the magical moment. "Alex, Jenna, get down here! " my mom's bossy voice commands. I chuckle and slip off the bed.

He holds me back, caressing my cheek. His face is serious and his smile disappears. "I love you Jenna, please remember that."

"I love you too, Alex.." I trail off. He then breaks into a teasing grin and his eyes smile big and bright. He's so handsome. Oh god. My knees feel like jelly.

"Alex! Jenna!" My mom calls again.

He leans in, the teasing face and smile popping brightly. His mood is good.. Amused. That's the word that describes his smile. Amused. He leans in closer his breath on mine. "Tonight." His promise sends shivers down my body. He winks and leaves me.

I sigh deeply, the blush probably never leaving my cheeks as I finger comb my hair while rushing down the two stories of stairs. Finally, I reach the white sofas and the 'mancave' uncle and dad made. No one looms around there that much anymore. It's either dad and mom at the hospital or uncle. Taking trips and turns.

Alex is already in the kitchen when I reach there. Mom has a serious expression on her face. "Is dinner ready?" I pipe up, assuming to break the horrid silence.

"No." She narrows her eyes and looks at Alex, whose arms are crossed over his chest in a stubborn way. "What happened?" He asks.

"Your mom isn't in the best stage right now. We have to leave. She might fall into a coma due to all the pain." Dad sadly murmurs. The second these words leave his mouth, Alex grabs my hand and we rush out to his Porsche.

Mom and dad tag along as well. I look over to Alex's stern expression as he sends daggers to the slow Toyota drivers with their noisy to pick up trucks. Uncle is probably already at the hospital. I try to comfort Alex, but he blanks the world out. He drives so fast, dodging the old trucks and shiny blue cars. He speeds up on the yellow light.

The trees wiz past us and we finally reach the flickering hospital. People are surrounded, crying, or smiling and taking their old parents on wheelchairs out of this horrid- medicine- smelling place. They may try to make it seem nice, with its huge panelled windows and sunlight beaming through, with the small commercial tv's, but over and all, people know the real shadow behind this.

We exit the car and hurriedly walk into the air conditioned building. We read the signs, and we've already memorized the way to Dina's hospital room. We enter the florescent lighted hallway beside Tim Hortons, and rush over to the bright white door. It may be a fancy hospital, but then again, death is a promise inside of it.

I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans as we see uncle. His forehead is pressed against the door. He sighs, his blue eyes finally reaching us. "They're doing surgery." He sputters.

"David, you know we can't save her..." My dad gently pats his shoulder. Uncle nods.

"Even though the surgery is expensive, I'm gonna try my best." He shakes his head and a tiny tear slips out of his eye. This makes me feel unstable. Oh god. If he's crying, I wonder how broken Alex is. I look over to his gaze. He's staring at the little red flickering sign 'Surgery' that is a few rooms away from us.