Chapter 30

"What happened?" He props on his elbows, and I sigh, looking into his deep green eyes that still send sparks down my body every time I see them. Does he really want to know about our parents off to Tokyo? I don't think he'd handle it in a very over exaggerating way, he isn't like that(expect for the Ben thing) but should I really tell him?

"You really want to know?"

"Yes." He sends me a puppy pout.

"Your choice." I shrug. "Our parents have left." I choke back tears.

"Darling.." He murmurs. "Y'know, I really don't know what to do when girls cry." He rubs my arm but his face is like a confused pouting puppy, which makes me laugh. I twist the silk bed sheet. We're in my bedroom, talking.

"Our parents left for Tokyo. For our own good." I conclude. He frowns, scrunching his nose up.

"That sounds a bit odd, doesn't it?" His voice rings with confusion and a spark of doubt. I reach over for my hand luggage and unzip the small front pocket. I feel the nice and sharp paper under my palms. I turn to him, as he sits up on the bed.

I give him the envelope. He opens the already open seal, and his eyes widen when he sees the wad of money stored. "This.. This is so much money." He admits, sets it aside, and takes the letter out. That's when I remember! The car parked down in the driveway! We were way too shaken up to realize about it.

I take the key out of the envelope. "I'll be right back." I assure him, and rush out of my room and down the slightly twirling stairs. I reach the front door and throw it open. I examine the precious thing. It's red and it looks like a nice car.

I smile at the empty gap in front of the car. I had forced Alex to drop off the delivery car. He did and then came back since his shift was over. Really, that was pretty funny yet cool about him helping that boy and then getting something in return. Although, I don't feel like he deserves me. He really is so kind and he's apologized about 20-50 times now. I can't even count.

"Jen?" He calls and I rush back inside.

He's in the living room. "I've read it." He sets it on the sleek and clean counter top that I had wiped off earlier when I was bored. He turns to me, and his green eyes swallow into mine. "They're doing this for us, right?"

"I'm sure they are."

"I hope they succeed, I guess." He shrugs and sits on the comfortable sofa. I sit beside him, facing him as he starts this new chapter. "I have mixed feelings." He admits.

"Be more specific?"

"I'm a bit angry at them leaving, just like that. But then I'm kinda confused. How did we lose that much money since mom? I mean.. It makes no sense." His eyes well up at the mention of his mother.

"Your mom used to do jobs, as in gardening jobs and little part time jobs. A lot of them to keep her throughout the day occupied, and although you didn't need the money, she did it for her own entertainment. She was a hair dresser, a gardener, a tutor.. Your mother was a really talented woman." I explain to Alex, as my tears threaten to spill.

"You're wearing moms clothes, am I right?"

"You are. " I admit, but not in a shameful way. I feel good that I did this. I feel like I have Dina with me, at all times, when I have her clothes on me. They may be a tad loose and not seductive, but I don't seem to care. "I wore her clothes. It makes me feel better."

"To be honest, it makes me feel a bit better too." He smiles sweetly, a smile that almost.. Almost reached his eyes.

"Like she's here with us?" I press on.