єριѕσ∂є 6

Seokjin stayed in the bathroom, waiting for the sense of nausea to disappear, and then he went to the bedroom and changed his clothes. He held the orchid in his arms and walked out of the house.

The winter in the north was dry and cold, wind always blowing. He wore his thickest down jacket and spent more than 80 won on taking a taxi to the hospital.

When Taehyung heard the sound of knocking on the door and turned around, he saw a person dressed like a creamy-white ball rolling into his office. The person pulled his scarf down and showed a thin, pale face.

"Doctor Kim" Seokjin greeted him with a gentle expression.

Taehyung immediately poured a cup of hot water and handed it to Seokjin. He frowned when he touched Seokjin's icy cold fingertips, and asked concernedly, "It's very cold outside. Are you here to get your medicines?"

"Yes, by the way..." Seokjin smiled and put the orchid on Taehyung table, and continued, "I bring your 'house' back to you. Someone told me that it was worth a down payment of a house."

It was the first time that Seokjin spoke to Taehyung in such a joking tone, though they had known each other for almost two months.

Taehyung ran his fingers along the withered long leaves of the orchid and said in a careless voice, "It's just a plant. If you think it's too delicate to keep, I will ask my father for some other plants that are easy to grow for you. He grows a lot of plants."

Seokjin didn't want to accept his kindness as he had no energy to make a friend. He just twisted his lips into a faint smile and changed the subject, "I vomited again this morning, and this time I even vomited blood. It was different from the gastric bleeding that I suffered a few years ago because of drinking too much. This morning when I vomited, I felt my life slowly fading away."

"I have advised you to accept the chemotherapy as soon as possible..." Taehyung frowned and subconsciously began to spin the pen, which showed that he fretted. "You are only thirty years old and still young. And you look rich. Why don't you actively cooperate with us on the treatment?"

"I need to think it over," Seokjin dropped his eyes wearily.

"Two months ago, you said the same words. Do you want to just take the medicines and hang on till the New year?" Taehyung said.

Seokjin picked the cup up and drank some warm water without answering his question. Then he asked, "Have my medicines arrived here? I'm not feeling good now."

"If you don't accept the chemotherapy, I won't give you the medicines." Taehyung got angry for some reasons. "I have been looking for the bone marrow for you these days, but if you don't take your health seriously, no one can save you!"

Taehyung's words warmed Seokjin's heart, and he broke into a sincere smile, "You are a good doctor, and if all doctors are like you, there won't be so many doctor-patient conflicts in the world."

"Don't flatter me," Taehyung stood up and took off his white gown. "I'm off duty this afternoon. Now let's go straight to the Medicine Center and get your medicines. You need a new prescription, but I don't want to write it. So I'll go with you."

"You are so wayward." He sighed and could not help reminding Taehyung when he saw him just wear a thin windbreaker, "It's so cold outside. You need a thick coat."

Taehyung didn't take his words to heart. They went together to the Medicine Center. After getting the medicines, Seokjin thanked him and turned around to leave, but he was stopped by Taehyung. "Let me drive you home. It's not easy to hail a taxi in such a cold day."

In consideration of the cold weather and own poor health, he agreed.

When he saw Taehyung's car, he got a new understanding of his riches. It was a Ferrari, looking eye-catching. The doctor was even more high-profile and extravagant than Jungkook.

"I don't like to be regarded as a good-for-nothing born in a wealthy family, so I studied hard to be an excellent doctor, and my father is proud of me now," Taehyung's nerves relieved after leaving the hospital. He looked vigorous as he drove the car.

Seokjin looked out the window for a while before he whispered, "I used to want to be a doctor and filled three medical universities' names in my College Application Form..."

"You failed in the college entrance examination?"

"I didn't take the exam," He said with a blank expression on his face. "After that, for a long time I easily woke up from sleep with crying. Though I didn't regret my decision, it always came to my dream and tortured me."

Taehyung was very considerate. He kept silence for a few minutes, waiting for Seokjin to calm down, before he said in an ostensibly lively tune, "The location of your house is quite fancy, who knows it might not be such a bad choice for not choosing to go to university. It's all thanks to my dad's strictness that I don't have to suffer now."

Seokjin slightly smiled and stopped talking about his past. Finally, he asked Taehyung to park at the entrance of the housing estate.

"Thank you, Doctor Kim. When you are free, I will invite you to dinner."

"You can save it for later. I would rather for you to allow me to treat your illness." Taehyung said in Daegu dialect. He was a humorous and charming man in private.

Seokjin waved good-bye to Taehyung and stood still, watching him drive away. Then he tightened up the scarf around his neck and turned around to go home when he saw Jungkook's car parked on the side of the road.