єριѕσ∂є 60

It was just bright when Seokjin woke up. Taehyung sat next to him, looking very exhausted but as soon as he saw him wake up, he became cheerful.

"You finally awake?" Taehyung stood up, felt Seokjin's forehead, "There is still some fever...." A doctor just came over for his infusion. He thought it was too cold so he insisted on having it warmed. The doctor hadn't come back yet.

Seokjin opened up his mouth as he looked at him, but grunted. He frowned and tried hard to wrinkle his fingers.

Tae hurried to hold his hand. "Don't worry," He could tell Seokjin had something to say to him so he bent over, "I'm listening."

Seokjin smiled, his hoarse voice was so light that could hardly be heard but explicitly conveyed the joy. "I had a dream about my parents... I hadn't dreamt about them in ages, I thought...  cough... I thought they didn't want me anymore..."

Taehyung looked straight into his eyes, his brown pupils filled with care and love. "You are such a sweet son to them, they won't give up on you."

Seokjin smiled again. He hadn't smiled so frequently in many years. He did smile a lot when he was still a carefree student in school.

Taehyung stroked his hair. "Seokjin, I want you to go Daegu with me."

Seokjin's sunshiny smile somehow tried to be endearing. It was so heartening that the ward didn't felt cold and depressing anymore. "I thought I'll have to ask you for how long you'll wait to ask for it...."

"How many of you are left who knows me well?" Tae kissed his cheek, trying to conceal his despair with his tease.

He knew how severe Seokjin condition was. He was terrified himself. There were only two options: one, to watch him suffer in the sterile ward for the rest of his days; two, to have him carry on living at his side happily. Taehyung chose option two, to accompany him all his heart.

He did have many things to say to him. He wanted to tell him how luxuriant and fragrant April jasmines would be but it was now winter. But four months later, they would be available.

Taehyung had also been waiting for Seokjin's birthday, which was less than a month. He had designed a ring. It was like a weighted twig with tiny diamonds at the tip of it.

But looking at Seokjin's face, he kept sniffling instead of saying a word.

‘How come one person could be so in love with another person who is the only one that glows among thousands of souls? If someone you don't care dies next to you, you at most give a couple of more sighs. But when someone you truly love is in sickbed with teary poor eyes, you feel so painful inside.’

Taehyung didn't understand. This man was the only one he ever loved despite he would cost the rest of his life.

"Shall we leave today? We gotta go home and get the dog and cats though." Seokjin had a cold. Every sentence he said, he coughed.

Taehyung pinched his finger, said in a mild tone, "Okay, but first let's finish the rest two bottles of infusions. We spent money on that."

Seokjin didn't want to stay in the hospital but didn't want to throw cold water on his kindness.

Next second, a slender finger poked lightly his cheek. He froze, he heard Taehyung's helpless voice saying, "No dimples whether you smile or twitch your mouth." His face emaciated so fast, and the dimples were gone long time ago.

"I don't want them anyway. Why does a man need dimples? I don't want to be sweet." He smiled.

Taehyung didn't reply because the doctor just came in to change his infusion bottle.

"Thank you." Taehyung looked at the warmed bottle, impressed by his sincerity. He was also a doctor, so he knew how busy this line of work was. If it wasn't for Seokjin, he would not want to trouble any medical workers.

"It's fine. We are both doctors." The doctor smiled and walked away. As he left, he looked sympathetically at Seokjin and before he walked out of the door, his eyes were fixated on Taehyung. He felt the cold touch of the eyes was so difficult to be ignored.

Afternoon, he took Seokjin out of the hospital. He bought him a cup of soybean milk outside the building. "You had nothing yesterday. Empty stomach courts more discomfort." Street food wasn't the best, in Taehyung’s mind, he was picturing the fully equipped apartment in Daegu where he could make fresh soybean milk for Seokjin.

Since he was with the latter, Tae had more and more snacks in his car, mostly jellies or Dates or whatnot. Seokjin teased him, "If someone else is in your car, they may think of you a super girlfriend-carer."

Tae laughed, "Have I care you enough?" His last syllables still sounded cheeky.

Seokjin wasn't feeling well and he knew he wouldn't win the debate so he just sat there coughing instead of giving a response.

Suddenly, he had intense coughs that even shocked himself. He turned back to get a tissue at the backseat and spit blood on it.

Taehyung's face turned undecipherable.

"Oral hemorrhage," Seokjin wadded up the tissue and stuffed it into his pocket, "It's nothing. I always used to puke blood covering the floor before. But here I am, still alive and well."

‘Lies, you think now that you are... well?’

"I see, whatever you say is right," Taehyung's cheerful tone indulged him but he couldn't even bear to look at him, "I'll cook you some livers to enrich your blood then."

Human memory is powerful. Reflexes came in at the wrong time. Reminiscence caught Seokjin totally off guard.

There once was a man walking out with a long face after their fight. When he came back, he had cooked livers in his hand, which he said were the replenishment of blood for his nosebleed.

Memory and reflexes overpower love.