єριѕσ∂є 51

Jungkook hadn't been back to this place for many years. His hometown. Even if there was an important interchange meeting here, he would just send his confidential assistant over. Before, he never gave a shit about what was behind everything he would do a deliberation, but now he suddenly realized that he felt guilty to Seokjin all along.

He owed him from the start. Granted, being good to him, standing up for him were all because of the crush on him, but more often, the selfishness of an adolescent boy that was showy, impatiently vanity-oriented. He would get complacent every time he saw Seokjin blush or being evasive. He got the self-conceit when his confession of love was accepted.

Seokjin was always the silly one. He kept every little random endearment of his mind and paid him back with his love wholeheartedly as if he owed him a great debt.

Seokjin is the first person who Jungkook had sex was on his 18th birthday. In a shabby cheap hotel, they did it on an old bed made of planks where god knows how many people had their fucks. Both of them lacked in experience, Jungkook was impulsive and curious, Seokjin compromised throughout the whole thing. That time, Seokjin was really hurt, so hurt that he couldn't even make a sound. Nor he dared because sound insulation of the room was terrible. He had been submissive in silence, insecure and conditioned to compromises ever since.

The older didn't pretend to love Seokjin, not even after more than 10 years, but he had always loved himself a bit more. This was why he randomly picked Seokjin despite the arduous future lying ahead of him, why he looked for sex out there when the latter couldn't meet his desire, why he was so possessive that he kept Seokjin restricted in the house.

But now it had come to the stage of life and death. The moment that Jungkook had to face the consequences, he realized that he loved Seokjkn slightly more than he thought. Well, more than slightly, he loved him more than himself. If, at this point, anyone offered the recovery of Seokjin's health at the cost of Jungkook's career or even his life, he would agree without a second of thought.

His love for Seokjin never lessened, on the contrary, it built up little by little. It started with the reckless passion of a young man, then was lost in temptations, and now came to the awakening. For more than a decade, Jungkook had been soaked in Seokjin's tenderness that could even melt a stone-heart.

Jungkook's lips appeared blue. He heavily pressed his chest and took the medicine out of his pocket.

The manager sitting on the passenger seat peeked at him through the rearview mirror. Last time he saw his boss was at a meeting in Seoul headquarter around this year's National Day Holiday, when the man was spirited, bossy and confident. But only after less than six months, he looked so dejected as if he took a hard fall from the divine pedestal. The manager kept silent, which was discerning of him, and told the driver to head straight to the hotel.

.
.
.
.

It was a cloudy day and it rained for a while in the afternoon. The house was suffocatingly cold and humid.

Seokjin's body was more sensitive than the weather forecast. For the whole day, lassitude and a bad appetite had been holding him down. Anything he ate, he puked them out, which made Tae so worried. At the end of the day, Seokjin threw up all the honey water that Taehyung fed him with, and the vomit was even mixed with blood.

Taehyung was horrified. He immediately got Seokjin in the car, raced to hospital and had him injected ara-C.

Seokjin then slumbered at hospital. He held Seokjin tightly in his arms as he didn't want the thin bed-sheet in the ward to chill him. He was genuinely frightened. His heart pounded so hard that he couldn't even control the steering wheel and it was something he didn't want to experience again.

As a long-serving doctor, he used to hate the hysterical shouts and cries of a patient's family. He used to believe that God has his plan, what human could do is try their best. He now understood that in the most desperate situation, no human behaviors were crazy when the one you cared the most was dying in your arms.

If Taehyung wasn't so panic that he lost his soul and his normal voice, he probably would beg one by one for his old fellow leukemia specialists' help to save Seokjin's life, regardless of how humiliating it might be.

Seokjin looked better when he woke up, but remained pale-faced. Taehyung still kept his position and was absolutely absent-minded, having no idea where his mind wandered.

"…What are you thinking about?" Seokjin asked in a weak voice.

Taehyung slowly re-focused on Seokjin and smiled, "Something important."

Seokjin didn't ask more but gently pinched Tae's side waist, "I just dreamt about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"What was the dream about?"

"You were standing in the distance with a sea of flowers behind you..."

"Oh no, I wasn't selling flowers, was I?"

"You were. I asked you to give me one, but you ignored me."

Taehyung abruptly tightened his hug, "I will give you whatever you want."

Seokjin smiled grudgingly and pushed him away, "It's only a dream. You don't have to take what I said seriously. But I do have a request though... can we go home? I don't like staying on the hospital, it's stink."

Taehyung forced a smile. "Would you say yes if I kneel in front of you and beg you to have yourself treated?" He answered after a long quiet.

"You just said whatever I want, and here you trade your dignity for my resignation?" Seokjin looked into Taehyung's eyes, sighed with a smirk, "Come on, what's the purpose of this anyway..."

Tae didn't say anything, he looked very sad, so sad that Seokjin couldn't even bear to watch.

Seokjin's lips compressed a little and suddenly raised his head, lay a light kiss on the end of Taehyung's lips. "I'm yours now for the rest of my life, can't you be happy with that?"