єριѕσ∂є 25

Seokjin had a restless sleep. He woke up early in the morning, tired and feeble. After staggering to take a bath, he put on the pajama and quietly went back to lie on the bed again. He get inside Jungkook arms as the quilt to make him warm.

Jungkook, who was obviously exhausted recently, was still in a sound sleep. Biting the lower lip, Seokjin carefully moved closer to softly hug his man’s waist. Seokjin’s love for this man was so deep that the fear and affection for Jungkook had merged into his blood and soul. Even though he had accepted hemodialysis several times, his love for him was never filtered out; it was just there, in each cell, and had become an unspeakable instinct since long time ago.

There would be no such person as Seokjin who would accompany Jungkook for seven harsh years, endure three years of long wait as Jungkook was having affairs outside and spend the last year of his life to love this man. It was only Seokjin, who could always be so tender and brave. Only Kim Seokjin.

Jungkook woke up to find his spouse still sleeping in his arms. Jungkook tightened his grasp over him in the half-awake state. Due to the subconscious love for Jin, no one was allowed by Jungkook to stay in his bed for the whole night, except Seokjin.

Seokjin’s physique didn’t change a lot over these years, as he slept in Jungkook’s arms now as a cute cat as if they were back in high school. Jungkook just couldn’t remember when Seokjin stopped to cling to him, when Seokjin stopped to ask for his whereabouts when he stayed out all night, and when Seokjin stopped to look into his dubious friends. Seokjin was always alone, just becoming more and more taciturn and cheerless.

Jungkook reached out his hand to tuck Seokjin messy hair behind the ear, while looking at him with soft and deep look. Seokjin was still sleeping with regular breathing, and his breath made Jungkook’s heart itch. In the end, he couldn’t help but touch Seokjin’s flushed face. Jungkook was in a daze when he found that Seokjin was having a fever.

“Jinnie? Wake up, you're running a fever,” Jungkook said with raised eyebrows, and slightly pinched the tip of Seokjin’s nose.

Seokjin was used to a low fever, so he didn’t have any obvious feeling of discomfort. Instead he was suffering from the headache after being woken up by Jungkook. So he gently shook his head and snuffled in a soft way to show his rejection.

Jungkook enjoyed Seokjin’s 'spoiled' manner like a willful child, so he just tucked Seokjin in and got out of bed to search for medicine.

Surprisingly, the bookcase, though not big originally, was now half empty and the other half was filled with different sizes of glass bottles with medicine inside. They were supposed to be medicine, however, they didn’t look like to be. If they were really medicine, then it was weird to have so much over here. Jungkook didn’t take it seriously; he found the medicine for fever from the medical box and hurried to Seokjin’s side.

“Have some medicine first before going back to sleep,” Jungkook brought a cup of water to Seokjin's lips.

Seokjin slowly came to sense, and moved over to take the medicine.

Jungkook asked, “Was yesterday too rough?”

Seokjin wrapped the quilt around himself, turned his back from Jungkook, and didn’t answer him.

“I happen to be free today, after lunch I'll accompany you to the hospital for a checkup. You've lost so much weight.” Moving his hand gently over Seokjin’s hair, Jungkook was a little astonished to find Jin was so skinny.

Seokjin stiffened and sullenly replied, “not going...” Pausing for a few seconds, he added, “Feed my cats, please.”

“Don’t be like this and listen to me,” Jungkook would never compromise on what he had determined to do, but he realized he was too tough on words when speaking with Seokjin, so Jungkook also added, “I will go to feed the cats, so don’t worry about that.”

Seeing Jungkook walk out of the room, Jin still didn’t want to go to hospital. Their relationship was doomed to end, and it was too late to make up for what had been missed. Seokjin would never accept apology or guilt, if they were based on sympathy.

Where were you in the very first place? The look in Seokjin’s eyes was sad, as he recalled that just two months ago, Jungkook neither agreed to come home to eat dumplings with him, nor asked about why his face was so pale. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have kept his secret so long on his own.

Seokjin’s face got paler, He could pretend to be tough, or display his weakness to resist the things he didn’t want to do.

After Jungkook made breakfast and went back to bedroom to call his spouse for the breakfast, he found that Seokjin curled up in bed, and his little face was pale and covered with cold sweat. Seokjin noticed Jungkook, and he lifted his head with eyes filled with tears. Seokjin wanted to speak but only opened his mouth, and murmured, “Kookie…” 

“I'm hurting...”

“Where? Let me know, where are you hurting?”

“I feel weak all over, my waist and legs feels really sore.”

Jungkook held Seokjin into his arms with the quilt wrapped around his body. Jungkook only thought maybe that the sex last night made Seokjin tired, and he happened to have a fever, so he felt so uncomfortable. Jungkook softly comforted, “Have some porridge later and rest well for today. We'll go to the hospital another day.”

Seokjin nodded, knowing that he had kept his secret one more time.