єριѕσ∂є 63

"That land is going to be built into commercial residential areas. Inside information says that the subway soon will be built there, and the price of the land will double soon after that. The board will not be happy if you sell the land now."

Assistant Jung was being mild. People will die for money. This was no longer an issue about whether the board would be happy or not. If Jungkook insisted on selling the land, the board would eat him alive.

“This is not the only project we are doing. Find some other stuff for them to worry about. Besides, the previous investment in the land was too much, all that money being tied up in the investment is going to interfere with other projects.” Jungkook rubbed his sore temples.

“But…”

“That's enough.” he waved his hand. “I already have so much on my mind. I will deal with them when I come to work in a couple of days. I'm gonna take a nap now. Wake me up when we are home.”

Assistant Jung shut up and drove discreetly.

About 40 minutes later, assistant Jung parked the car when Jungkook was still asleep. He hadn't had much rest these days.

“Mr. Jeon?”

Jungkook slept lightly. He was awake when the car stopped, but he was too tired to open his eyes.

“Wait for my call to pick me up here.” He opened his eyes, closed up his collars and got out of the car. “If anyone asks, say I haven't been back yet.”

Jungkook went into his building, swiped his card on the elevator. When he was out and busy, the loneliness was not so noticeable. But when he was home, alone by himself, the suffocating silence could drive him crazy.

He opened the door with his thumb print and went in numbly. He turned on all the lights one by one, fell on the couch and dragged out a book under a cushion.

It was a book written by an author named Nam Tae-Jo. There were also a words written by himself on the title page.

After Seokjin left, Jungkook ferreted out this book from his study. Whenever he missed Seokjjn terribly, he would read the book carefully. This was his new routine now.

Lately, he had always been thinking about things from the past inadvertently, some things that were trivial and insignificant to others. Sometimes it was not even a thing, it was kind of a particular scene. The way Seokjin smiled with his little dimples, the way Seokjin slept in his arms after tender love making, the way Seokjin tilted his head and frowned when he was troubled.

But the cruel thing is, he deliberately remembered all the good memories and scenes, he couldn't even think about how much he had hurt Seokjin in later life. Most often, he couldn't control his thoughts. Each night he woke up in nightmare, he always saw Seokjin curled up outside the door crying with blood running out of his eyes. Sometimes he dreamt of Jimin pushing Seokjin off the cliff, and he was just standing there watching.

For a period of time, Jungkook’s pillow was wet every night. He shed so many tears when he was asleep, so he told himself never to cry during the day.

He couldn't fall apart. If he did, what would happen to his Seokjin?

He swallowed two sleeping pills with cold water. He must get some sleep tonight. There will be a lot to do tomorrow.