єριѕσ∂є 20

Seokjin returned home, carefully folded up Taehyung's scarf and put it in a bag. He sat on the sofa for a long time, thinking nothing, and stood up until he felt a little cold.

It was much cold when there was no partner in the house regardless of the high temperature controlled by air conditioner. He covered himself tightly in the quilt, and fell into sleep soon.

Seokjin suddenly woke with a start in the middle of the night, and saw the ceiling lamp still shining brightly in the bedroom, while it was still heavy dark outside. He looked at the time and realized he had only slept for less than half an hour. But now he couldn't sleep and felt much more miserable when he was awake. He really couldn't help wanting to hear the Jungkook's voice.

It was about 5:00 pm in France, so it might not bother him... Seokjin was very patient and tapped the numbers one by one with his finger. Even though Jungkook’s number had already been added in the Contacts, typing all numbers seemed much more official and sincerer, as he used to do.

The phone rang a few times. The man answered in a low voice, seemingly a little bit gentle, “You finally remembered to give me a call huh?”

Seokjin holding the phone became silent for a few seconds. He used to call Jungkook very often in the beginning, but they didn’t have the money to pay the phone bill. At that time, the happiest thing of Seokjin was talking to Jungkook by his company’s phone with caution, even though they had nothing serious to talk. Although they two could see each other at each night, they still felt the day was too long. Later, everything changed. They had nothing to say, and often got stuck in pique and sullenness with no reason. Since one ignored the other, the other also would not talk to that one. Now it was normal that they didn’t call each other for half a month.

"I miss you," Seokjin suppressed his sadness and said without any hesitation. In the few seconds, he seemed to spend several years.

Jungkook got stunned. It had been a long time since he heard Seokjin say that. Moreover, he heard a hint of whimper from Seokjin’s three words. It seemed to be true, also like an illusion.

"I miss you, too. My hands are tied the past two days, and when things got calmer I was afraid that I would interrupt your rest, so I held back on giving you a call. I'll do my best to quickly finish things up here, and return early to keep you company." Jungkook reply softly, but guilty in heart.

Seokjin was not stupid. Any splendid excuses were just to conceal the fact that Jungkook didn’t pay much attention to him. There was no message from Jungkook either. The man was in France, a romantic country, so far away from him, with the young boy he liked.  Seokjin could imagine that how happy Jungkook was now. It was normal to have much enjoyment and forget to go back home. As for Seokjin, he just tortured himself in the dark night.

He pressed his lips lightly and replied in his throat.

He was thinking what to say, but heard a faint voice on the phone, "Kookie, you've been on that call for such a long time, the dishes are all getting cold...."

Saying in a spoiled tone and a clear voice, the boy on the other side of the phone seemed impatient.

Seokjin’s face was getting pale, and he inferred that Jungkook might spoil that boy very much. Even Seokjin didn’t even try to disturb Jungkook’s phone before.

It suddenly became quiet on that side, and there was no noise at all.

He  tried to stabilize his tone, as he was not trying to make Jungkook feel embarrassed. "... The temperature dropped in Seoul the past two days, it has been really cold. Give me a call once you've returned, I'll go to the airport and pick you up. I'll make some meat stew for you.”

"Oh alright, I love you the most, baby."

Seokjin smiled and yawned, "Okay okay, you should return to work. I'm sleepy, good night.."

Jungkook said good night in a gentle voice.

Seokjin had a sleepless night, and his heart was hurt as if cut out by a blunt knife. After midnight, he was wandering in the house aimlessly, but did not know what he was looking for. Finally, he was tired and sat on the cold floor of the living room, crying like a child who lost the whole world. Seokjin bit his lips, and the thin shoulders trembled. He cried and stuck the heating pad on his chest. Only by the heating pad, would his heart not freeze.

Here came the retribution. He showed a relaxed smile. He left his parents, gave up his dreams, lost everything, and fell in love with one who he should not love.

The phone was ringing, and Seokjin was in a daze for a long time before answering it. "Jungkook, I'm already about to die from the pain...

Don't abandon me....

I'll be good...

How could you lie to me?"

Seokjin's eyes turned red in the fever. Once the emotion accumulated for a long time, it was really difficult to stop when the emotion burst out.

"Seokjin! It's me! Are you okay? What happened? Where do you live? I'll come over immediately!"

It turned out to be Doctor Kim... Although his mind was not clear at this point, he still trusted Taehyung in his subconscious, told the address to him, and then fell into sleep.

Taehyung arrived at Seokjin’s house with a locksmith. When he unlocked the door, Seokjin still didn’t wake up.

"Kim Seokjin!" Taehyung saw the skinny man curled up out of cold, with knitted brows and some tears on his pale face.

He bent over and lifted the man in his arms. Seokjin was as light as a feather. His lovable cheek snuggled up upon his chest and his high fever melted Taehyung’s heart.

In this moment, Taehyung suddenly understood.. the feeling of heartache.

It must be love.