Thirty one

CHAPTER Thirty-one:

Mr. Freedom and Ms. Prisoner

Chaerin was still giggling without any particular reason when she slumped herself at the passenger seat of Jiyong's car. Jiyong can only shook his head as he stepped into his car and locked the seatbelt of hers before locking his. She was drunk already and he know whether she liked it or not she will definitely spill things out. 

' So what are the stories you're dying to tell me? ' Jiyong asked as he started the engine of his car and speed away.' Well, let's start when I saw my boyfriend, ' CL said giggling. ' B-boyfriend?! You have a boyfriend? ' Jiyong asked in disbelief. Chaerin nodded with a proud grin on her face. ' Of course I have! And we where together since fifth grade!! ' she exclaimed proudly as she started giggling. Jiyong glanced at her quickly still unable to process what she's saying.

' Well, I would probably sound conceited here but aren't I the one you loved back then? ' Jiyong asked trying to figure things out. Chaerin chuckled at his silly question. ' You did sound conceited! ' she laughed. ' And yes I have loved you but before I left for France I realized few things that was able to change my life! ' she added with a grinn on her face as she began telling him about everything. 

' Remember the last christmas party of the five business dynasty that I attended? ' Chaerin asked as her eyes slited at him. Jiyong just nod his head still focus on the road. ' That's the time I met him. I was crying all by myself at the fountain area. Since father scolded me about lacking manners and charisma. Oh well he was having fun scolding me. Then while I was crying trying to hide from everyone, that was the time he saw me. He asked me the reason for my tears I just waved him off telling him it was none of his business. Then he left me. I was left there for almost five minutes. I thought he left me for good only to see him running back to me. All messed up, with dirt in his face, his hair was disheveled none the less he still has this cute boyish grin in his lips as he proudly handed me a yellow tulips. My favorite flower of all, ' 

' I asked him where did he get that and why is he giving it to me. His grin that was seemingly permanent on his face even widen as he told me that he was always watching me as I admire the yellow tulips in the school. He was attracted to my smile everytime I stared at them, and knowing how much I love them he looked for yellow tulips just to give it to me, to make me stop crying, ' Chaerin paused as a smile drawn in her lips as he recalled every little thing about him. ' From that time on he will never fail to give me yellow tulips, he will climbed the wall, and do crazy things just to give me those yellow tulips. Then he will always be there to crack the silliest down to the stupidest joke to make me laugh while displaying an idiotic smile. He will never forget to tell me how beautiful, smart and great I am. He's the only person who can make me feel special. Silly as it may sound since I was nothing but I child back then but I felt strange emotions when I was with him, '

Chaerin shifted her gaze at the view outside the window as her smile slowly fade. ' Then I started to envy him, on how free he is. On how he can do whatever he wanted, on how he can stand for his own and how he can live his dreams. Why can't I be like him, why can't I feel the freedom he is experiencing. Because of that I started hating him so I pushed him away, I told him hurtful words. I envied him a lot he was Mr. Freedom while I'm Ms. Prisoner. We both move on different worlds. We're world's apart. ' she choked as she started to stutter. ' But then he will never fail to send me those yellow tulips, those small notes. He never left me despite my short comings, ' 

' Before I left for France I met him and we spend a day together. I was sad and I know he is too, but he's trying his best to look happy for me. I gave him the necklace that I have loved all of my life and asked him if he could be my boyfriend. He laughed and said 'No problem! I didn't knew you desire me that much', ' she laughed as Jiyong laughed with him. They both can't believe that it actually happened when they were nothing but bunch of fifth graders. ' I promised him that I will start anew in France, I will be much stronger and I will be much better. So when I return in Korea he will be proud of me. I promised him that he will be the first one that I... w-will call and the first one that I will hug when I return here in Korea. I also made him promise that he must not take the necklace off him, I want to see it when time comes, '