Fifty

chapter fifty | regained

No one was saying anything. The silence was too heavy, the atmosphere was too suffocating. Each of them felt like they were standing on the thin line between the truth and the lie. Each word that was said ringed in their mind, echoing all over.

Dara was sitting on Jiyong's lap, head leaning against his shoulder. She asked time from them to process what was happening, what was just said. She wasn't the only one in the state of great disbelief. Everyone was.

"I am not going with them,"she finally spoke with heavy breathing. Everyone looked at her, thorn between happiness and sadness at her statement. Then a second pass and she broke into loud bitter cries that pricked millions of needles in the heart of everyone. Jiyong hugged her tightly, moving his hand up and down against her back. Dara held him tightly like she was slowly falling to pieces if she will let him go.

The Yangs left to give her a time with her family and to think, Minho and Hyunseung left together with them. Their absence didn't much help with the heavy atmospher that they left behind.

Dara was running when she reached the cottage in which her parents were shock to see her crying figure and so was Bom and TOP. They quickly asked her what happened but the lady just hugged her mother tightly and began asking questions in a broken voice, "I am your daughter right? I am your daughter right? Please tell me I am your daughter."She was shaking her head, begging and confusion enveloped them until a guy followed her, running and calling her noona.

Bom and TOP were both in shock upon seeing the guy closely as he looked so much like Dara. Her parents on the other hand, paled, shock like they were poured by ice cold water. "Sanghyun," Mr. Park muttered in great disbelief. 

"Hyesun noona?Myujin hyung?" Sanghyun whispered in disbelief and confusion as Dara looked at her both parents before turning to look at Sanghyun. Without knowing everyone has finally arrived. "Hyesun? Myujin?"Mrs. Yang gasped. "What's the meaning of this?" Hyunsuk exclaimed in disbelief.

Hyesun's tears fell quickly, she wiped it. "I'm really sorry," she burst into loud cries. Dara looked at her in confusion as she stepped backwards from her. Hyesun buried her face on her palms. "What's happening?" She couldn't almost hear her own voice as her eyes went back and forth to the people who claimed to be her parents and to the people she knew was her parents.

"Dara,"Hyesun cried as she took a step towards her but she moved away.

"Stop. Tell me the truth. Please just tell me the truth." her tears kept coming, her voice was firm, her hands clenched on tight fists.

"They are telling you the truth. You are their daughter, he is your twin brother. They are your real parents," Myujin said. His voice was shaky as he went to his wife, placing his arm over her shoulder. Hyesun turned to him for comfort. She cried.

"Dara," Hyesun called the moment she entered the room together with her husband. "I am sorry,"she almost sighed. Dara didn't say anything, she just kept herself in the arms of Jiyong. She felt so tired. She was just tired hearing endless apologies. It was as if she was watching her life crumbles to small pieces in the hands of the people she loves the most, she trusts the most.