Thirty nine

chapter thirty nine | under the same sky part two

He stared at her barely blinking as she kept singing, eyes closed as she sang the song straight from her heart. Her tears fell as she felt the memories rushed inside her head followed by questions. Why didn’t she fall for him before? Why did she fail to notice his importance before? She opened her eyes as it met his. Shock was written on his black eyes as she kept on singing, as she battled for her voice to stay firmed. His lips broke into a smile. ‘Cry baby,’ he mouthed making her pout for a bit as she continued singing wiping her tears and mucus away and thank heavens her mascara and make up are water proof. How would she remove her makeup? Beats me I was never the expert in that field. Back to the story guys.

The song finally ended as everyone stood up and clapped their hands for her as they shower her praises. She bowed down in gratitude but she waited for his reaction. He remained sitting closed eyes as he took a sip on his glass of champagne. She frowned as his fist itched to land on his handsome face as of the moment. TOP opened his eyes and drifted it to her he smiled as he clapped his hand. That small act was enough to make her broke into giggles, as every praises from everyone just vanished for only his matters.

The bald Chinese speaking gay quickly made his way to her as he pulled her from the stage. She almost stumbled since she was busy looking at TOP who was back to his cold demeanour. The gay or the bald or the whatever, started introducing him to every guy who was looking interested in her but occasionally glancing at her legs and cleavage that were pretty much flaunting itself right now. Her brows met in the center as her hand was itching to break bones of some dirty and perverted old men.

Both she and the bald gay turned their heads as TOP took off his jacket and placed it gently on Bom to cover her from her totally revealing red dress. ‘Thank you but I’ll take care of my girlfriend now,’ he said in Chinese as Bom tilted her head staring at him completely not understanding his words while the gay bowed down in apologies as everyone stared at him. He rolled his eyes thankful that she can’t understand Chinese or else who knows what this girl would do. Whatever it was one thing’s for sure, it will be nothing but pure embarrassment with a red ribbon tied around it.

He wrapped his arm around her making her blush red as she started giggling giddily while he rolled his eyes. He then guided her back to his seat with her still trying to suppress her giddiness. But on their way to his seat they were blocked by TOP’s good old friend, Mike He. He smiled at him as TOP rolled his eyes knowing how fake it was. Mike was one of TOP’s childhood friends when he stayed in Taiwan for a year, and believe me he’s not even a friend. Well Mike is the competitive type while TOP has always been the cool guy, who happened to be good at almost anything. Well, since he was competitive and he was well two meters away to perfection (while Mighty Gee was already perfect) naturally, he’ll envy him and thus the birth of another rivalry which was originally called friendship.

‘What can I do for you Mike?’ he asked nonchalantly as the latter just smiled and ran his fingers on Bom’s cheeks making the girl squint her eyes on him. Somehow TOP can’t  help not to be thankful on how head over heels she was with him though it was pain in the ass most of the time. ‘Well, I heard you got a date with Rainie on the other day... so don’t throw shit like she’s your girlfriend,’ Mike smiled at him as TOP rolled his eyes for the nth time. ‘You’re just jealous,’ he muttered as he continued walking with Bom aiming for their seat. ‘Me? Jealous? Seriously?’ he said mocking as TOP lazily turned his body to him.