Forty six

chapter forty-six | masked

Her fists were tightly clenching, her nails digging in her palms. She pressed her lips on a thin line stopping it from quivering as she walked her way in the almost empty white corridor of the hospital. She bit her lips as she can feel her heart painfully hammering against her chest and the unwanted stinging in the corner of her eyes, her tears were threatening to fall. She stopped reaching her destination. She looked at the door of his room. Eyes on the number even though she knew it already, she can feel how much she missed him just by thinking that he was behind that door lying sleeping on his bed, body connected in machine and wrapped with some bandages. She felt as if it had been forever. And it has.

She tightly shut her eyes as she did some breathing calming her every inch that was damn pretty much freaking out that very moment. She opened her eyes and stared at the white door, not moving and hands terribly shaking, tears streaming down her cheeks. So this would be goodbye. After this she has to wake up from the fantasy that he could love her, that they could be together. And that instant she finally understood how painful it was to let go a fantasy, something that wonderful for something real, to face the reality.

Tsk. This has always been the reason why she hated reality.

But then he was reality. He used to be reality that she had learn to love until Mr. Reality was corrupted by his own feeling and started to live a fantasy. Gahd! She can’t believe how idiot he was! Choi Seunghyun got to be the biggest idiot slash moron slash stupid slash handsome slash sexy slash mouth watering― oops wrong page. She meant he’s the biggest idiot! Period!

She shook her head tapping both cheeks for instant blush on since retouching is a bit handful, uhm, I mean to wake herself to reality. Shit. I am humourless. Don’t throw anything on me okay!? I’ll kick you! I am serious! I am just trying to lighten the mood. Why so serious? Come on what’s with the drama! Unnie wipe your tears and mucus then just enter the fucking door so we could get this over!

Bom wiped her tears away thankful that she didn’t wear mascara or else she could have look worst than she looked right now. She inhaled deeply sucking the not so healthy of the hospital before grabbing the cold metal knob of the door. She turned it pushing the door open, gently, avoiding noise. It was already one in the morning she felt her heart pumped its way to her throat begging to be thrown out somewhere far to stop feeling the throbbing pain the cold air of his room carries.  The echoing pain of missing him so much and wanting to hug him tightly.

Bom slowly walked her way to him, tears streaming down which were beyond her control as a smile was plastered on her lips. She settled herself on the edge of his bed staring at his sleeping figure. ‘Hey,’ she called to him softly. And that was the only word that came out of her mouth. She felt like her voice just faded away, turned away from her as she stared at his face for the longest time. She stared at every curve of his handsome face, and the movement of his chest which goes up and down. She was just sitting there staring at him at that huge dark room filled with silence blending with the sound of the ECG.

She held his hand and leaned her head on his chest closing her eyes listening to his heartbeat synchronizing with the ECG. She opened her eyes and looked at his sleeping face, fresh batch of new tears streamed down her cheeks wetting his hospital gown. ‘I’m sorry,’ she cried. ‘I’m so sorry,’